{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: recommended costruction company?  (Read 16141 times)

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: recommended costruction company?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »
For a Buriram based architect and house builder the FIRST choice I would recommend is to visit in person at the office of "Pongpanich Design & Construction".   Buriram has several licensed home design architects to prepare proper safe legal house plans. You do NOT need to have this firm build a house they design, but they will not BUILD a home they did NOT design. The owner quoted 120 baht per square meter to design a house with proper plans on March 7, 2013. I do not know if that fee includes the structural engineer fee for larger homes. 044-601-667 is the phone number of Pongpanich Design on highway 219, with a spacious office across the street from Buriram Rajabhat University. The office is 1/4 of a block from the Traffic "Roundabout" of Jira Road @ Highway 219 near the Buriram City Hall and Buriram Court Buildings. This building contractor purchases large quantities of PVC Pipe and fittings from Ruangsangthai Hardware.  They do design and build modest homes and you can see models of those sensible sized homes in the office. I know for a fact this firm will give you a list of houses they have designed and built in Buriram, where the home owner has given Pongpanich Design & Construction permission to be a reference. They will have a current house building project most all the time in Buriram, where you can go on site to see the fit and finish of this Buriram construction firm. They have all manner of building materials samples in the office of Pongpanich Design so you can see and handle possible building materials.  It is best to bring a Thai speaker to help with translations, but rest assured the house plans will have English as well as Thai.  I have not done business with "Allan the Builder" so I can not give an opinion.

Pongpanich Design is VERY well respected in Buriram with Thai home owners and worth an in person visit.  Please post on Buriram Expats how your meeting goes with the owner of Pongpanich Design or what you observed at their current Buriram House construction project(s).  The budget you quoted might not be too high of a house or too large and may not require a structural engineer, but it is easy to figure out the cost of proper custom architect house plans based on the SIZE of the house you desire.  Please PM me if after you meet Pongpanich Design and you inspect an actual house they are building it does not meet your expectations.  Pichai of Ruangsanthai Builders Merchants.

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 12:32:56 PM »
For a Buriram based architect and house builder the FIRST choice I would recommend is to visit in person at the office of "Pongpanich Design & Construction".   Buriram has several licensed home design architects to prepare proper safe legal house plans. You do NOT need to have this firm build a house they design, but they will not BUILD a home they did NOT design. The owner quoted 120 baht per square meter to design a house with proper plans on March 7, 2013. I do not know if that fee includes the structural engineer fee for larger homes. 044-601-667 is the phone number of Pongpanich Design on highway 219, with a spacious office across the street from Buriram Rajabhat University. The office is 1/4 of a block from the Traffic "Roundabout" of Jira Road @ Highway 219 near the Buriram City Hall and Buriram Court Buildings. This building contractor purchases large quantities of PVC Pipe and fittings from Ruangsangthai Hardware.  They do design and build modest homes and you can see models of those sensible sized homes in the office. I know for a fact this firm will give you a list of houses they have designed and built in Buriram, where the home owner has given Pongpanich Design & Construction permission to be a reference. They will have a current house building project most all the time in Buriram, where you can go on site to see the fit and finish of this Buriram construction firm. They have all manner of building materials samples in the office of Pongpanich Design so you can see and handle possible building materials.  It is best to bring a Thai speaker to help with translations, but rest assured the house plans will have English as well as Thai.  I have not done business with "Allan the Builder" so I can not give an opinion.

Pongpanich Design is VERY well respected in Buriram with Thai home owners and worth an in person visit.  Please post on Buriram Expats how your meeting goes with the owner of Pongpanich Design or what you observed at their current Buriram House construction project(s).  The budget you quoted might not be too high of a house or too large and may not require a structural engineer, but it is easy to figure out the cost of proper custom architect house plans based on the SIZE of the house you desire.  Please PM me if after you meet Pongpanich Design and you inspect an actual house they are building it does not meet your expectations.  Pichai of Ruangsanthai Builders Merchants.
Thank you for the detailed information. It is highly appreciated. I will surely go and have a talkthere this week. Will let you know the result and experience on this forum.  greetings

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »
Jeroen1 - looking forward to seeing what your experience is like!!!

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
Re: Pongpanich Design
Based on recommendations following a completed home construction of a Nang Rong area farang (on a different forum), I initiated dealings with the folks at Pongpanich.  Not done by a long shot, but pleased with them so far.

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »

I visited Pongpanich company today and promised to letyou know. I only had a very short talk as already soon it became clear to me that they were asking prices that are very unrealistic according to me. I have met other companies before with this question and have done my homework regarding fair prices. Pongpanich charged 50K bath per talang wah for a single story house . this came for us to a total of 1.5million bath. Other companies charged for building a similar house,not thaistyle and modern looking desing ,indoor kitchen 3 bedrooms and two showers, only 25K bath per talang wah. The price they asked i got  elsewhere at 2 different constructors for a two story house. Ah well not all the 2 story house was 1.6million bath, at both other companies. The price of building the house and land value would exceed the regular selling price of houses like this in the area i wish to build. There was, sorry to say, although yes they are very nice and wellprepared in showing examples etc., no reasonable sense in letting them build my house. Thanks anyway for the tip.Just might have been the one for me

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »

I visited Pongpanich company today and promised to letyou know. I only had a very short talk as already soon it became clear to me that they were asking prices that are very unrealistic according to me. I have met other companies before with this question and have done my homework regarding fair prices. Pongpanich charged 50K bath per talang wah for a single story house . this came for us to a total of 1.5million bath. Other companies charged for building a similar house,not thaistyle and modern looking desing ,indoor kitchen 3 bedrooms and two showers, only 25K bath per talang wah. The price they asked i got  elsewhere at 2 different constructors for a two story house. Ah well not all the 2 story house was 1.6million bath, at both other companies. The price of building the house and land value would exceed the regular selling price of houses like this in the area i wish to build. There was, sorry to say, although yes they are very nice and wellprepared in showing examples etc., no reasonable sense in letting them build my house. Thanks anyway for the tip.Just might have been the one for me

Thanks for the feedback, but I must ask if you are comparing exactly the same thing amongst companies.  Are any of these companies including the design, permits, taxes, inspection fees, and most importantly, are they all using the same construction style and allowing you to see their final product?  If so, then price is certainly an issue.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie