{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: visa extension and address  (Read 39570 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: visa extension and address
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 08:08:36 AM »
Good point Dave. Well picked up.

So why would KCI put any sort of stamp in his passport?

Would they not have just told him to come back next month?

Maybe he has quoted the wrong report back by day?

Because they can start  conversion on day 60 of his 90 day O visa, That's the law by the police orders.  Now he did not have to go into immigration on this past Friday he could of waited till the end of his visa and started the process but by doing as he did was a very smart move as it now is basically a done deal. His interview will be shortly after this date of Sept. 8 and all paper work submitted to Bangkok for approval.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:17 AM »
It was my understanding the the "under consideration" stamp is only 30 days regardless of remaining time on extension of stay. Also does this date not supersede any previous date?

I remember a post by DimpleJoe. He went to get his stamp for a 12 month extension. He was after the "under consideration" date but before his "permission to stay" date.(he went to immigration more than 30 days before extension expired). He was charged overstay as Immigration told him he had to adhere to the last stamp.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »
It was my understanding the the "under consideration" stamp is only 30 days regardless of remaining time on extension of stay. Also does this date not supersede any previous date?

I remember a post by DimpleJoe. He went to get his stamp for a 12 month extension. He was after the "under consideration" date but before his "permission to stay" date.(he went to immigration more than 30 days before extension expired). He was charged overstay as Immigration told him he had to adhere to the last stamp.
[/quotetion]

That 30 day under consideration is your get out of jail card and supersedes your permission to stay date. there is something DJ is not saying or he did get fcuked.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »
That is what I said.

Say he went 33 days before extension of stay expired. Example: he goes today. Permission to stay expires 13th September.

That means he loses 3 days. Consideration date is 10th September.

So he looks at his extension and sees a date.13th September. He goes before that date, let's say 12th September but Immigration say he is late because he is after his "consideration date", 10th September. Fined 1000 baht.

The under consideration should not exceed 30 days. So why have KC give Ban 60 days?

Even more confusing is the post on another thread where Ban confirms that he received his O from Bangkok on the 22nd June.

Sound like he has been given a 60 day extension based on marriage and asked to go back and try again. He needs to get this clarified.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:37:47 AM by Starman »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
That is what I said.

Say he went 33 days before extension of stay expired. Example: he goes today. Permission to stay expires 13th September.

That means he loses 3 days. Consideration date is 10th September.

So he looks at his extension and sees a date.13th September. He goes before that date, let's say 12th September but Immigration say he is late because he is after his "consideration date", 10th September. Fined 1000 baht.

The under consideration should not exceed 30 days. So why have KC give Ban 60 days?

Even more confusing is the post on another thread where Ban confirms that he received his O from Bangkok on the 22nd June.

Sound like he has been given a 60 day extension based on marriage and asked to go back and try again. He needs to get this clarified.

No I still say what he has done is normal. I have done this twice myself. BUT he does not supply all the info. And receiving his O visa on or about June 22 reinforces my dates and his statutes.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »
An easy solution if ban1216 is willing  ......

Scan the stamp or stamps that KCI put in your passport.

Post here and then someone can clarify just what has happened and what you may have to do next.

And just to muddy the waters some more ... Immigration have also been know to give longer and shorter "under consideration" stamps than the standard 30 days.

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »
Ok to clarify things i recieved my first Non o in june as stated which gave 90 days but i was advised and indeed shown a large notice in cheang wattana stating i should apply for my 12 month extension to stay 30 days before expiry of this non o as my non o expires on the 9th of september i applied for my 12 month extension 30 dys prior to expiry as instructed ,
Ok so my non o expires on the 9th of september and i have been told to report "a few days prior to the 9th of october" presumably to have my passport either stamped or get deported  loco
I submitted TM7 and all the documents required to apply for a 12 month extension and paid the 1900 baht fee with a donation to the t fund of the 100 baht change
the stamp reads
KAPCHOENG IMMIGRATION
APPLICATION OF STAY IS UNDER CONSIDERATION OF
THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU APPLICANT MUST
CONTACTTHIS OFFICE AGAIN IN PERSON ON -8 OCT 2013
SIGNED
               IMMIGRATION OFFICER
                   -9 AUG 2013

And yes the stamp really does not have a space between contact and this lol

Oh and Nookie give us a break it was my first visit and i had the mother in law with me yak yak yaking lol

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 10:44:45 AM »
Clear as mud ban1216 :wacko:

Looks like your good to go though  :biggrin:

Why you were given a 60 days under consideration stamp I have no idea.

As Bangkok immigration told you ... " i should apply for my 12 month extension to stay 30 days before expiry of this non o "

I am still wondering about the home visit though.

Next time leave the MIL at home nono

Offline ban1216

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »
Already planning the next trip mother in law less lol i assume they give you the duration of your original non o before starting the 30 day period (its the only logical thing i can think off) The german guy who was there when i got there wanted to do his 90 day report early because he was planning to go to vietnam when he was due to report after the immigration officer explained to him that if he leaves the country his 90 days starts again from the day he returns to thailand he then got a little moody and said cant i do anything early in thailand and then proceeded to ask if he could come 2 weeks before he went to vietnam to report  loco
i did try and explain in correct English that he had wasted his time and indeed he doesnt need to return and should just go to vietnam and return and start again but not sure he understood me well

Offline ban1216

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 11:01:53 AM »
Oh and another chap  presented his documents for extension and the immigration officer was looking puzzled when he looked at his bank book as his funds hadnt been in the bank for the required period 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
Also, why did he get a Non O on 22nd June and it expires on 9th September?

That is why I felt the dates corresponded to an extension of 60 days. Have KC Immigration buggered up the consideration date? I have never heard of an added 30 days. It wouldn't be the first time they have done an extension for someone and forgot to change the date stamp.( Did the chap in front of you get 60 days) Just hope they put the same date on everything. If not Ban could be facing 30 days overstay.

No mention of a 90 day report either. One must be due.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
Already planning the next trip mother in law less lol i assume they give you the duration of your original non o before starting the 30 day period (its the only logical thing i can think off) The german guy who was there when i got there wanted to do his 90 day report early because he was planning to go to vietnam when he was due to report after the immigration officer explained to him that if he leaves the country his 90 days starts again from the day he returns to thailand he then got a little moody and said cant i do anything early in thailand and then proceeded to ask if he could come 2 weeks before he went to vietnam to report  loco
i did try and explain in correct English that he had wasted his time and indeed he doesnt need to return and should just go to vietnam and return and start again but not sure he understood me well

Your extentsion will be tacked on to your 30 day under consideration 30 day=1 month plus 11 months extension= your 1 year extension. Your officialy at this moment still on your 90 day O-visa and wiil be until about Sept 8.

Offline ban1216

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
Im sorry i wasnt clear my Non O from bkk was collected by myself on the 22nd of june but they stamped my passport as admitted on the 8th of june thaat should set the dates straight lol

Offline ban1216

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »
90 day report is irrelevant to me at the moment as i only have  a 90 day non o hence my visa will expire  at the begining of september (which is when my 90 day report would be due ) i will be expecting my first ninety day report to be around about the 9th of november assuming i am granted my 12 month extension that is

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
Im sorry i wasnt clear my Non O from bkk was collected by myself on the 22nd of june but they stamped my passport as admitted on the 8th of june thaat should set the dates straight lol

MINOR DETAIL.. buttslap

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM