{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Building on land approval.  (Read 13713 times)

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Building on land approval.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
some areas not covered by chanote.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »
Somebody asked me about this subject and I have no information regarding this thing. If I buy a land and want to build a house / building, assuming I have a Chanote of course, Do I need to get the house or building plans approved in the land office prior to building the property? All inputs are welcome, Thank you. Sawadi

I take it that the ' I buy land' and 'I have a Chanote' is referring to if you are a Thai and not Farang??????

As I have previously stated "if you are legally married you can purchase the land as Sin Somrot." Meaning that you have a legal claim to it.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »
On a related note, does anyone have experiences to share regarding getting home plans drawn with construction details?  I saw advertisement for Home Architect ...

Buriram Architect Home Station has an office on Highway 288 very close to the roundabout by the Buriram College of Agriculture and Technology. They quoted 180 baht per square meter for house plans. They have home models on display, plans they have completed in their office and a blog site with many building plans. Best to have a Thai Language speaker phone Mr. Suraphog at 087-873-1823. — in Muang Buriram, Buriram.

I also see some for 80 baht per square meter. 

Your input appreciated.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
I normally pay 45 B
And that what I charge my clients .

Offline Pichai

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »
 Not necessarily at the "Land Office" in most Buriram communities, rather at the office that issues Permit to Build.  It can take less than two weeks for this permit at the posted price in some Buriram communities, unless the office is working on a full schedule and wishes a fee to expedite your permit process.   Licensed Architect fees vary in Buriram, much the same as DRAFTSMAN fees can vary and Engineer Fees vary. It is not hard to walk in and ask in person what the fee would be, have the architect write down his or her fee, and to have it clarified if that includes an engineer to sign off on the plans.  The LICENSE most often will be posted on the wall of the office of the architect. They need not have a bond, need not have liability insurance, but they must list the license number on the plans they sign.

The actual Government Fee is nominal for a "permit to build" and that can be in an Expat name with zero problems, as long as the expat has the required documents and the Thai owner of the LAND has all the right documents.  The "permit to build" establishes OWNERSHIP of the structure. 
How is the fee for a building permit calculated?

Below is from the Phuket Gazette.  The link in the publication did not work for me.
Question:  How is the fee for a building permit calculated? It seems that no one can explain the process. Can someone from a local administration organization (OrBorTor) or legal advisers explain it?

Pat, Rawai   Friday, January 13, 2012  2:48:17 PM

“The building permit document itself incurs a 20-baht fee and there are other fees for inspection, depending on what the building permit is for.

The inspection fee for a building of no more than two stories or of a height up to 12 meters is 0.5 baht (50 satang) per square meter of the total building area, combining the areas of each story if there are more than one.

For structures of two or three stories, or between 12 and 15 meters tall – the fee is 2 baht per square meter of total building area, combining the areas of each story.

For structures of more than three stories or of heights over 15 meters, the fee is four baht per square meter of total building area, again combining the areas of each story.

The fees I have given here are the inspection fees for new buildings only. There are different rates used for other aspects of building permits, such as in renovating a property, not building a new one.

These rates are listed in the building permit fee section in the Interior Ministry’s Ministerial Regulation Notice 7 issued in BE 2528 (1985), which updates the Building Control Act BE 2522 (1979).

A copy is available for download from the Thai Council of Engineers website at www. coe.or.th/co15law/act_control/building/L%2007.pdf

You can also visit Rawai Municipality for further information.”
Friday, January 13, 2012  2:48:17 PM    Mayuree Srichuay, an officer at Rawai Municipality’s Public Works Division.

2nd post on the Issues and answers of the Phuket Gazette on Line newspaper:
Duplicate building permit
Question: How do I get a duplicate building permit? I lost mine.

Lost, Patong   Friday, February 24, 2012  4:51:40 PM
“You can get a duplicate building permit from our municipal office. You must bring your ID card or, if you are foreigner a copy of your passport. You will need to fill out a duplicate building permit request form. If your application is approved we will make you a duplicate of the original building permit. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.”
Friday, February 24, 2012  4:51:40 PM    Patong municipality, Engineering Department officer.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »
Sorry maybe a misunderstanding / 45 B a Sqm
I was regarding to the price to make the plans
That's what my Architext charges .

Offline Pichai

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
45 baht a square meter for house plans done on autocad by a currently licensed architect in Surin or Buriram Province is a very attractive price, and a real service to your customers when you grant them the same price.  I look forward to your posts on new houses you have under construction.  The OP had asked about a permit to build and that is what I posted today.  A village experience may be different than a larger town, but the prices are set for the entire Nation for the permit fee.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 03:50:54 AM »
Pichai, Great very detailed post. I really appreciate your helpful post.

I found some interesting link on the internet;
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.456082554461684.101084.427372713999335&type=1

sawadi
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:52:31 AM by Admin »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry