{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: converting tourist triple entry visa to type o visa  (Read 31018 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: converting tourist triple entry visa to type o visa
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
He is/was a complete novice to the process.  He tried to get with several people around Buriram to get a job, but could not make a connection, so he got one in Surin.  He was not able to get with a local expert to guide him through all the hoops, traps, incidentals, etc. but he has fumbled along trying his best to get through all the processes.

He responded to several posters on this site, but they either disappeared, never responded, or were too far (Korat).

And I am sure he will agree with you, and plans to do so next year.  But he feels loyalty to the people that got him a job, got him certified, he will continue on it through the end of the contract.  Too bad he was not able to find local help. 

Who would you recommend he contact in Buriram about a quality job teaching for next year? 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
He is/was a complete novice to the process.  He tried to get with several people around Buriram to get a job, but could not make a connection, so he got one in Surin.  He was not able to get with a local expert to guide him through all the hoops, traps, incidentals, etc. but he has fumbled along trying his best to get through all the processes.

He responded to several posters on this site, but they either disappeared, never responded, or were too far (Korat).

And I am sure he will agree with you, and plans to do so next year.  But he feels loyalty to the people that got him a job, got him certified, he will continue on it through the end of the contract.  Too bad he was not able to find local help. 

Who would you recommend he contact in Buriram about a quality job teaching for next year? 

If he has only been in a job for a year he is not certified. If he is certified he would have got a 12 month contract.

Someone to contact about teaching jobs???? Schools

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »

If he has only been in a job for a year he is not certified. If he is certified he would have got a 12 month contract.

Someone to contact about teaching jobs? ??? Schools

This was typical of the guidance he got here in Buriram.  Yes he tried to talk to schools, the usual response was "Come back in May."  This was March.  Other helpful suggestions were to go the teaching seminars in Bangkok and let them set you up.

And how many Thai's in schools would give a Farang guidance on what would be the best Visa (extension) for him, and how to overcome the 2 month gap?  No one here offered.  He did get a number of a local Farang teacher,  but was basically told wait until May.

Luckily he found a Farang in Surin that procured teachers for a Surin school.  He helped my friend put together the packages to get certified, showed him the teaching cirriculum, helped him with visa issues, and gave him the benefit of his experience.  So next May he should be able to go to a local Buriram School, already certified (out of Bangkok) plus having Thailand teaching experience.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 02:38:32 PM »

This was typical of the guidance he got here in Buriram.  Yes he tried to talk to schools, the usual response was "Come back in May."  This was March.  Other helpful suggestions were to go the teaching seminars in Bangkok and let them set you up.

And how many Thai's in schools would give a Farang guidance on what would be the best Visa (extension) for him, and how to overcome the 2 month gap?  No one here offered.  He did get a number of a local Farang teacher,  but was basically told wait until May.

Luckily he found a Farang in Surin that procured teachers for a Surin school.  He helped my friend put together the packages to get certified, showed him the teaching cirriculum, helped him with visa issues, and gave him the benefit of his experience.  So next May he should be able to go to a local Buriram School, already certified (out of Bangkok) plus having Thailand teaching experience.

I would like to see a link to his requests.

Indeed a seminar in Bangkok would have got him a job. There is an agency that runs an English program that has a few teachers employed here in Buriram. All recruited from their annual seminar. As advertised on the most famous teaching website in Thailand.

Is your friend a teacher in his home country? If not then after one year in Thailand he certainly is not "certified out of Bangkok". He most probably has a 2 year temporary teacher's licence. This will do him absolutely no good if he moves to Buriram as they are only good for the school where he got it. They are not transferable.  Also next year he will have to go to Bangkok and take a series of tests.

Schools don't have to explain how to get over the 2 month gap as there should not be one. He should have asked the school  for a 12 month contract. If the school don't wish to pay him for 2 months then get that put in the contract. Most schools are also fully aware of visa and work permit procedures. At the end of every year, if he has to do border runs for 2 months, he also has to go back to Laos to get a new Non B.

The reasons he was told to "come back in May" in March is because that is the school holiday. Recruiting goes on end of April and start of May. There are hundreds of schools looking for teachers. Most offering 12 month contracts, as that is the length of grant they get. Someone somewhere has got his 2 month salary .Many teachers in this neck of the woods get jobs by looking.

You didn't mention what qualifications your buddy has got. Has he got any?

Sounds a bit like your buddy wanted it all at his feet.

Why am I telling you all this anyway? Surely the man in Surin mentioned it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:41:10 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
I can guarantee you this, you know way more about it than I ever will.  You sound experienced in the subject.  Any info I gave on a teaching job was 2nd or 3rd hand. 

From my standpoint my buddy is kind of like a pinball bouncing off one obstacle to the next.  There were/are a lot of issues with his getting a teaching job, and it seems his perseverance is paying off for him.  I fear that there are more hidden traps for him. 

I emailed this link to him, will see what he makes of it. 

BTW, in case you suspect I am talking about myself.  Not close, I will endorse what Antonio said about:  "Easier still,give the job up and stay on a retirement visa"   I am one of those lucky people that is enjoying life here and not really looking to find work.  If my bud contacts you, please do not hold knowing me against him. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:00:44 PM by urleft »

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2013, 04:44:14 PM »
I can guarantee you this, you know way more about it than I ever will.  You sound experienced in the subject.  Any info I gave on a teaching job was 2nd or 3rd hand. 

From my standpoint my buddy is kind of like a pinball bouncing off one obstacle to the next.  There were/are a lot of issues with his getting a teaching job, and it seems his perseverance is paying off for him.  I fear that there are more hidden traps for him. 

BTW, in case you suspect I am talking about myself.  Not close, I will endorse what Antonio said about:  "Easier still,give the job up and stay on a retirement visa"   I am one of those lucky people that is enjoying life here and not really looking to find work. If my bud contacts you, please do not hold knowing me against him. 

Keith, I nominate your above (highlighted by me) quote for the "quote of the week" Absolute classic  :D :D :D thumbup

In reference to your buddy, if it is the guy I am thinking of, I emailed him in February and updated him on a position that had already been filled.

I also suggested to him, back then, to make contact with starman via BE as a possible source of information.

I never got a reply and assumed he had got some work.

If its not him, please disregard  the above.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

BTW, in case you suspect I am talking about myself.  Not close, I will endorse what Antonio said about:  "Easier still,give the job up and stay on a retirement visa"   I am one of those lucky people that is enjoying life here and not really looking to find work.  If my bud contacts you, please do not hold knowing me against him. 

Why would I?

I will be happy to help.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »

blah2 Boring.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM