{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: converting tourist triple entry visa to type o visa  (Read 31017 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: converting tourist triple entry visa to type o visa
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »
yes kor ror 2 i have and i didnt mention letter about funds from the bank  as i dont have it yet will get it the day before
so APART FROM THE KOR RAR 2 AND THE FUNDS LETTER FROM BANK what else have the romans ever done for us !!!!
errrrr i mean is that the lot lol sorry monty python slipped out there ;D

Take that mask off before the photo shot!

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »
 :D

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
ad eternam

Offline ban1216

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
 :ohmy:oh please i struggle with English so Latin has no chance

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
yes kor ror 2 i have and i didnt mention letter about funds from the bank  as i dont have it yet will get it the day before
so APART FROM THE KOR RAR 2 AND THE FUNDS LETTER FROM BANK what else have the romans ever done for us !!!!
errrrr i mean is that the lot lol sorry monty python slipped out there ;D

Take that mask off before the photo shot!

A certified copy of your Affirmation to Marry from your embassy. KCI requires this for first time marriage extension.

Offline ban1216

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »
 :) yes ive got that i think lol

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
In that case ITS PARTY TIME.. cheergirl I thank.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
Thailand immigration is cracking down on Marriage Visas. 

As I understand during recent years there has been a large surge in marriage visa applications.  Seems that several foreigners found out they could get a marriage visa by "marring" a Thai girl, paying her off, and conducting their business. 

My Brit buddy is changing his visa from retirement to marriage.  They gave him a large hassle. Last week 4 immigration officials from Korat came to his home doing checks to see if he really lived here with his TW.  He applied for his visa on 10 July, and has to return to KCI to finalize it in 10 days.   

Just a heads up on what is happening. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2013, 05:42:07 AM »
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE MISSUS WITH YOU

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »

As I understand during recent years there has been a large surge in marriage visa applications.  Seems that several foreigners found out they could get a marriage visa by "marring" a Thai girl, paying her off, and conducting their business. 

My Brit buddy is changing his visa from retirement to marriage.  They gave him a large hassle. Last week 4 immigration officials from Korat came to his home doing checks to see if he really lived here with his TW.  He applied for his visa on 10 July, and has to return to KCI to finalize it in 10 days.   

Its not unusual for Immigration to go & check that the address & particulars given are correct........Happens all the time in Pattaya

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2013, 07:22:13 AM »

Been happening for a long time.

People complain about having to "jump through hoops", but at the end of the day is is not Immigration's fault. It is, as noted by Urleft, the fault of the people who try to find a short cut to staying here full time.

As always, a few undesirables spoiling it for others.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2013, 08:35:56 AM »

Been happening for a long time.

People complain about having to "jump through hoops", but at the end of the day is is not Immigration's fault. It is, as noted by Urleft, the fault of the people who try to find a short cut to staying here full time.

As always, a few undesirables spoiling it for others.

Totally agree with you SM.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »

And while this may be a first, I totally agree with you.   

However, my Brit buddy experienced the downside.  Seems at KCI when you have your missus, they will talk past you to her.  However, when there is an issue, Thai's are not too keen on challanging authority (including getting clarification).  My bud kept asking the agent what they needed, and the agent would then respond in Thai to the wife. 

Next week will be his 3rd trip in 2 months to KCI for this marriage visa.  However, it looks like it is resolved. 

Additional information:  The reason he is changing to a marriage visa is because he started working as an English Teacher.  Work is not allowed on a Retirement visa, but is allowed with a marriage visa.  He could have gotten the B visa to work, but as I understand that Visa expires as soon as the school year is done, so the teacher has to do border runs or such for 2 months. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »

However, my Brit buddy experienced the downside.  Seems at KCI when you have your missus, they will talk past you to her.  However, when there is an issue, Thai's are not too keen on challanging authority (including getting clarification).  My bud kept asking the agent what they needed, and the agent would then respond in Thai to the wife. 

Next week will be his 3rd trip in 2 months to KCI for this marriage visa.  However, it looks like it is resolved. 

Additional information:  The reason he is changing to a marriage visa is because he started working as an English Teacher.  Work is not allowed on a Retirement visa, but is allowed with a marriage visa.  He could have gotten the B visa to work, but as I understand that Visa expires as soon as the school year is done, so the teacher has to do border runs or such for 2 months. 

Then learn to speak Thai.

An extension of stay expires when the reason for extension stops. Ie. if you are a teacher the extension will be granted up to the end of your contract. Before end of contract you negotiate a new one. Then you have documents to further extend.

Seems your buddy has a duff job where they are only giving him a 10 moth contract to save paying him in March and April. Tell him not to change reason for extension but change jobs.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »

Then learn to speak Thai.

An extension of stay expires when the reason for extension stops. Ie. if you are a teacher the extension will be granted up to the end of your contract. Before end of contract you negotiate a new one. Then you have documents to further extend.

Seems your buddy has a duff job where they are only giving him a 10 moth contract to save paying him in March and April. Tell him not to change reason for extension but change jobs.
Easier still,give the job up and stay on a retirement visa. happy2

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM