{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 2013 F1 Grand Prix Season  (Read 72914 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: 2013 F1 Grand Prix Season
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
 Grosjean not giving up chief nutter label without a fight

Romain Grosjean last night vowed not to let Sergio Perez take away his crown as F1′s most reliable accident epicentre.

2012 cemented the young Frenchman’s reputation as the sort of person you went wheel-to-wheel with only if you had a particular thing about hospital food.

But the Lotus driver has looked on aghast this year as his Mexican counterpart steadily elbowed himself up the Top Trumps crash ratings in a shower of carbon fibre.

Grosjean not giving up chief nutter label without a fight

I’ll even road test the coffin for you

Close friend, Burt Quok told reporters,”I bet anyone who thought Romain was going to let Sergio have it all his own way hadn’t reckoned on lap 62.”

“Riccardo certainly didn’t and to be honest, I’m not sure Romain did either.”

“It’s all just instinct at the level he works at. Like a boxer. Or a violent drunk in a pub.”

F1′s former number 1 bruiser was left to rue falling even further behind in the para-psychotic smash-stakes, meanwhile.

Commented Pastor Maldonado, “I tried hitting Chilton a couple of times but then the bastard moved over and made it look like it was all his fault.”

“At this rate I’m going to look about as dangerous as Adrian Newey,” added the Venezuelan

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »

Q3: Vettel on pole
by Joe Saward

Sebastian Vettel took pole position for the Canadian GP with a controlled run when it mattered in Q3 in Montreal. The session looked to be drier than the end of Q2 and it looked like there would be a lottery with the last man crossing the line getting the pole but the conditions shifted again with the last sector being wetter and the first runs were all that counted. Thus Vettel led Lewis Hamilton, who tried for a last dash for pole but then overshot the final chicane and blew it. The big news was that Valtteri Bottas was third on the grid in the Williams, ahead of Nico Rosberg, Mark Webber, Fernando Alonso, Jean-Eric Vergne, Kimi Raikkonen, Dan Ricciardo and Adrian Sutil completing the top 10. An interesting grid that promises an exciting race. Conditions are due to improve on Sunday so the chopping and changing of the weather will not perhaps be as disruptive...

TBWG

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2013, 02:14:16 AM »
Better late than never! whistle buttslap

Vettel obliterates rivals on way to masterful victory in Canada
9 June, 2013

Sebastian Vettel wins the Canadian GP for the first time
Sebastian Vettel delivered one of the most dominant performances in recent memory as he powered to a commanding victory in the Canadian Grand Prix, at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, and with it ended his and Red Bull’s North American win drought while extending his championship points lead.

Fernando Alonso bounced back from a mediocre performance in Monaco two weeks ago, and a subdued qualifying session 24 hours earlier, to take second place. Alonso reeled in Lewis Hamilton in the dying stages of the race and went toe-to-toe for a number of laps before the Ferrari edged ahead, the pair finishing second and third respectively.

But the day belonged to world champion Vettel and he was clearly delighted with what will most likely go down as one of his most ruthlessly efficient performances and with it a most famous win. The only blip in an otherwise flawless performance was the hefty smack that ‘Hungry Heidi’, his RB9, suffered when he tagged the wall on lap 11.

With 132 points on the board Vetel leads the standings with a healthy 36 point margin. In the constructors’ standings, Red Bull leads Ferrari by 56 points, with Mercedes 11 further back in third, with seven rounds ticked off in the 2013 Formula 1 World Championship.

“It was a great race and I had a great start which was important. I just kept that gap through out the race and at some points we had a full pit ahead of others. Finally we got our first win [in Canada]. It’s off the list now and it was great to win. The sun came out as well so it doesn’t get any better. We had good races here before but it didn’t come together to win, then I lost it in the last lap two years ago which was my fault but I made up for that today.”

From sixth on the grid Alonso battled his way past Nico Rosberg, Mark Webber and eventually Hamilton, the Spaniard delivering on his prediction a day earlier that he was podium bound.

He summed up his sentiments on the podium to MC Eddie Jordan, ”Yesterday we didn’t have a good qualifying. I didn’t get a fast lap and the conditions were not easy. But we knew the pace in dry conditions [would be] good. We had high hopes. I was fighting top drivers and I had very good fights with Mark, Nico and Lewis at the end. It was not easy because they are super-talented. But I think second [place] tastes of victory, because we scored some good points after a very difficult weekend.”

The biggest cheer for the trio on the podium was a toss up between Alonso and Hamilton; the Briton enjoys strong support in Canada, as does Ferrari. After outshining his Mercedes teammate in qualifying, he did the business again in the race.

He said afterwards, ”I have a great time here every year. I think a small part of the wing came off. It was really close, we had a great battle, he [Alonso] is a fair driver and had a great drive. We just have to keep pushing so we can get closer to these guys.”

At one stage Mark Webber looked good for a podium finish, but contact with with Giedo van der Garde as he was lapping the Caterham driver damaged his front wing and compromised the downforce on his Red Bull. This allowed Alonso easy passage, and demoted the Australian to fourth place where he remained until the chequered flag waved to end the race. In the wake of the incident, Van der Garde was given a drive through penalty for ignoring blue flags.

Webber reflected, ”It [the car]was pretty knackered to be fair, it didn’t help from then on, I don’t know what [Van der Garde] was doing, we had blue flags there but in the end he kept trying to make the apex but I don’t know. Some guys maybe have their eye too much on their drive. The car was very hot so we had to stay out of the slipstream. The car was tough in traffic but when I got past him it was all OK, but I didn’t have long before I then suffered the damage.”

After his victory in Monaco, the Canadian GP weekend was a disappointment for Nico Rosberg who ended fifth but was never in the hunt for a podium spot, and was simply outclassed by his teammate this weekend.

Jean Eric Vergne drove a mature race in the Toro Rosso, after starting from seventh, and went on to finish sixth, the best finish of his career thus far and a fair reward for the young Frenchman who is starting to get the upper hand over teammate Daniel Ricciardo, in the Red Bull junior team.

Vergne was understandably pleased,  ”Sixth is really good result, but I already forget it and I concentrate on the next race. I don’t have to be satisfied with sixth, we always want better and I want to do better for the next races and that’s why we have to keep working.”

Drive of the day must go to Paul Di Resta who finished seventh on a single stop strategy. The Scot endured a ‘Keystone Cops’ style qualifying session which saw him start 17th on the grid. The Force India driver was one of the few to start on the medium (white branded) tyre, which he remarkably nursed through to lap 52 before pitting for the super softs.

“We have pulled something way out of the basket today,” said Di Resta. ”I think we got it absolutely spot on today. Whether there was a chance to fight Vergne I don’t know, but we took the decision to make sure we got some points.”

Felipe Massa also made up for his qualifying mistake (he crashed during Q2) by finishing eighth and giving Ferrari a double points finish. The Brazilian was feisty on the day, as he carved his way through the field from 16th on the grid.

For Lotus it was another forgettable weekend as both Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean did not feature as a force all weekend. Raikkonen complained of poor grip.Vettel lapping him around mid-distance illustrated the extent of the team’s woes. Nevertheless the Finn scored points yet again, with eighth place, and equaled Michael Schumacher’s record of 24 consecutive points finishes.

Grosjean started from the back of the grid thanks to a ten place penalty for his Monaco shenanigans, but was never a factor in the race and ended up 13th.

Final point went to Adrian Sutil for finishing tenth, having started from eighth on the grid, but was ragged for most of the race and his holding up of Hamilton and Alonso earned him a drive through penalty for ignoring blue flags.

It was another bleak day for McLaren, in fact the bleakest of the season thus far, as both drivers failed to score points, with Sergio Perez 11th and Jenson Button 12th. So ended an incredible consecutive points scoring streak that had stretched back 64 races.

Button summed up the situation, ”We finished outside the points and we have a lot of work to do. We’ve got to get our act together and improve. Are we going to be quicker at Silverstone? Yes. We had parts here that didn’t work on this circuit but will work at Silverstone. Soon we’ll start to pick up more points. We’ll not be on the podium but we’ll get more points.”

Final word to the winning team principal, Red Bull’s Christian Horner, “It has been an amazing day and a great drive by Vettel. He touched the wall quite significantly as he was pushing to try to build up a pit stop but in the end it was a tremendous drive. It was a wake up call for him because when you are so far ahead it is easy to lose concentration but it it was flat out from everyone from start to finish today, and that’s how it should be.” (Apex)

Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal – Sunday, 9 June 2013

Pos   No   Driver   Team   Laps   Time   Grid   Pts
1   1   Sebastian Vettel   Red Bull Racing-Renault   70   Winner   1   25
2   3   Fernando Alonso   Ferrari   70   +14.4 secs   6   18
3   10   Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes   70   +15.9 secs   2   15
4   2   Mark Webber   Red Bull Racing-Renault   70   +25.7 secs   5   12
5   9   Nico Rosberg   Mercedes   70   +69.7 secs   4   10
6   18   Jean-Eric Vergne   STR-Ferrari   69   +1 Lap   7   8
7   14   Paul di Resta   Force India-Mercedes   69   +1 Lap   17   6
8   4   Felipe Massa   Ferrari   69   +1 Lap   16   4
9   7   Kimi Räikkönen   Lotus-Renault   69   +1 Lap   10   2
10   15   Adrian Sutil   Force India-Mercedes   69   +1 Lap   8   1
11   6   Sergio Perez   McLaren-Mercedes   69   +1 Lap   12   
12   5   Jenson Button   McLaren-Mercedes   69   +1 Lap   14   
13   8   Romain Grosjean   Lotus-Renault   69   +1 Lap   22   
14   17   Valtteri Bottas   Williams-Renault   69   +1 Lap   3   
15   19   Daniel Ricciardo   STR-Ferrari   68   +2 Laps   11   
16   16   Pastor Maldonado   Williams-Renault   68   +2 Laps   13   
17   22   Jules Bianchi   Marussia-Cosworth   68   +2 Laps   19   
18   20   Charles Pic   Caterham-Renault   67   +3 Laps   18   
19   23   Max Chilton   Marussia-Cosworth   67   +3 Laps   20   
20   12   Esteban Gutierrez   Sauber-Ferrari   63   +7 Laps   15   
Ret   11   Nico Hulkenberg   Sauber-Ferrari   45   +25 Laps   9   
Ret   21   Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault   43   +27 Laps   21   
Note: Grosjean qualified 19th; penalised 10 grid spots for causing collision at previous round. Raikkonen and Ricciardo qualified ninth and tenth respectively; penalised two grid spots each for pit-exit infringements during qualifying.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
FP1: Washout very little running done at a cold and wet Silverstone!

FP2: Nico leads the way

by Joe Saward

Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the second practice session at Silverstone on Friday, with the track relatively dry, although there were damp patches off line. The German was three-tenths faster than Mark Webber, who had Sebastian Vettel trailing him, while Paul di Resta made a splash by setting the fourth best time, ahead of Lewis Hamilton. There was further surprise with the Toro Rossos of Dan Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne in sixth and seventh, ahead of Adrian Sutil in the second Force India and Romain Grosjean in the Lotus. The top 10 was completed by Fernando Alonso's Ferrari. Jenson Button put his McLaren 11th ahead of Nico Hulkenberg's Sauber, Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus, Sergio Perez's McLaren, Esteban Gutierrez and the Williams pair: Valtteri Bottas and Pastor Maldonado. At the back we had Jules Bianchi's Marussia, chased by the two Caterhams of Giedo Van der Garde and Charles Pic and Max Chilton's Marussia.

Felipe Massa slid off early in the session and bopped the nose off his Ferrari and so ended up at the back.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »
Again it looks like the weather will be an all important issue at Silverstone.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »
Better weather today even a bit of sun!

Nico leads the way in FP3
by Joe Saward

Nico Rosberg set the fastest time of the third practice session for the British GP, on a dry, but cool day at Silverstone. Lewis Hamilton was next up, just a tenth behind. Sebastian Vettel was third with Mark Webber fourth, ahead of Romain Grosjean, Dan Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen and Adrian Sutil. Paul di Resta completed the top 10. Jean-Eric Vergne was 11th ahead of Jenson Button, Pastor Maldonado, Nico Hulkenberg, Felipe Massa, Valtteri Bottas, Esteban Gutierrez and Sergio Perez (who had a puncture and then an off). At the back end of the grid Charles Pic led the fight ahead of Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton and Giedo van der Garde.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »
British GP: Hamilton storms to pole ahead of Rosberg cheergirl

By Matt Beer   Saturday, June 29th 2013, 13:03 GMT

Lewis Hamilton claimed pole position for his home grand prix in Britain by a commanding 0.4-second margin.

Hamilton won a huge battle with his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg as the silver cars monopolised the qualifying contest again.

A 1m30.096s early in Q3 gave Hamilton the initial advantage by a tenth and a half.

Rosberg beat that with a 1m30.059s on his second run, but Hamilton was already responding.

He came through to set a 1m29.607s and take a comfortable pole, his first at Silverstone since 2007.

Red Bull was Mercedes' main rival, but Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber had to be content with the second row. They were just 0.009s apart.

Hamilton was not the only Briton to star, as Paul di Resta added to the home crowd's excitement with fifth on the grid for Force India.

His team-mate Adrian Sutil was up in seventh, behind the sensational Daniel Ricciardo. His Toro Rosso team-mate Jean-Eric Vergne was way back in 13th.

Ferrari struggled badly. Fernando Alonso was only 10th fastest, beaten by the muted Lotuses as well as the flying underdogs, while Felipe Massa failed to get out of Q2 and will start 12th.

Despite predicting on Friday that Q3 would be impossible for McLaren, a mighty late-Q2 lap from Jenson Button almost got him into the top 10.

Unfortunately for the Woking team, Raikkonen squeezed ahead by 0.057s, leaving Button 11th. His team-mate Sergio Perez was 0.4s and three places further back.

One race on from his incredible Montreal qualifying result, it was back to reality for Valtteri Bottas. He was eliminated in Q1 and will start one place behind Williams team-mate Pastor Maldonado in 17th.

Sauber's year continued in the same disappointing vein too, with Nico Hulkenberg and Esteban Gutierrez 15th and 18th.

Max Chilton was troubled to end up slowest in his first Formula 1 qualifying session at home, especially with Marussia team-mate Jules Bianchi 1.7s faster (although he was behind Caterham's Charles Pic in the backmarker shootout).

But Chilton will not start last as Giedo van der Garde will drop back due to his penalty for tangling with Mark Webber in Montreal.

Pos Driver                Team                 Time            Gap   
 1. Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes             1m29.607s
 2. Nico Rosberg          Mercedes             1m30.059s
 3. Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault     1m30.211s
 4. Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault     1m30.220s
 5. Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes 1m30.736s
 6. Daniel Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m30.757s
 7. Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes 1m30.908s
 8. Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault        1m30.955s
 9. Kimi Raikkonen        Lotus-Renault        1m30.962s
10. Fernando Alonso       Ferrari              1m30.979s
Q2 cut-off time: 1m31.592s                                   Gap **
11. Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes     1m31.649s  + 0.659s
12. Felipe Massa          Ferrari              1m31.779s  + 0.789s
13. Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m31.785s  + 0.795s
14. Sergio Perez          McLaren-Mercedes     1m32.082s  + 1.092s
15. Nico Hulkenberg       Sauber-Ferrari       1m32.211s  + 1.221s
16. Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Renault     1m32.359s  + 1.369s
Q1 cut-off time: 1m32.512s                                   Gap *
17. Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Renault     1m32.664s  + 1.669s
18. Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari       1m32.666s  + 1.671s
19. Charles Pic           Caterham-Renault     1m33.866s  + 2.871s
20. Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Cosworth    1m34.108s  + 3.113s
21. Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault     1m35.481s  + 4.486s
22. Max Chilton           Marussia-Cosworth    1m35.858s  + 4.863s

107% time: 1m37.364s

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08:50 AM »
British GP: Paul di Resta excluded from qualifying as car underweight
By Jonathan Noble   Saturday, June 29th 2013, 18:50 GMT

Paul di Resta has been excluded from qualifying at the British Grand Prix after his Force India was found to be under the minimum weight limit.

The Scot had secured fifth on the grid at Silverstone but his car came in 1.5kg underweight in post-qualifying scrutineering.

Even with a mandatory fuel sample on board, the car weighed only 641.5 kg - which is 0.5 kg below the minimum weight.

After the FIA drained the car of fuel, it was found it weighed just 640kg, two kilogrammes under the limit.

With a 0.5kg tolerance accepted for the scales' accuracy, it was ruled that the car was officially 1.5kg underweight.

After the matter was referred to the race stewards, it was decided that the team had been in breach of the regulations and di Resta was thrown out of the results.

He can now start the British GP from the back of the grid.

It is understood the issue revolved around the weight of di Resta himself after qualifying - as the driver and car are combined to reach the 642kg limit.

There are suggestions that di Resta's weight check at the end of qualifying was 1.5kg below his normal weight - which he had been after free practice.

Although some consideration was given to appealing the matter because of the discrepancy, Force India in the end has decided to accept the verdict - meaning di Resta will start his home race last.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2013, 06:24:40 AM »
Would be nice to see Hamilton win but he has a habit of fcuking things up!

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »
Sam Michael is really a dangerous pathogen capable of infecting any F1 team exposed to him within a matter of hours.

The Mclaren Sporting Director’s diagnosis was confirmed after his employer’s prolonged downturn developed into a massive slump at the Canadian Grand Prix and follows the Australian’s complete contagion of the Williams team.

Professor of Airborne F1 Particulate Diseases, Brian Teacakes said, “we are warning every team up and down the grid not to go anywhere near Mr Michael.”

“He is highly contagious and infection is swift and merciless. Anybody catching sight of Mr Michael should immediately call for medical assistance and for God’s sake, don’t go anywhere near him with an employment contract,” he explained.

Victims suffer a number of symptoms from a rapid contraction in competitiveness and a haemorrhaging of points to a feeling of helplessness, immobility and ultimately, massive personnel reduction.

“I didn’t make the connection between hiring Sam and our immediate collapse in competitiveness, morale and sense of purpose,” person who wished to remain unnamed, Martin Whitmarsh said.

“But since I didn’t notice when the same thing happened when I took over, that’s hardly surprising.”

Though there is no known cure for the Australian, Jenson Button is thought to be keen on seeing if hitting the prick over the head with this frying pan enough times could help? loco

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »
German GP P1 & P2

FP1: Lewis leads the way in P1
by Joe Saward

Lewis Hamilton set the pace at a cool and overcast Nürburgring on Friday morning with a lap that was two-tenths faster than his team-mate Nico Rosberg. The gap between Rosberg and the nearest challenger - Mark Webber - was more telling with eight-tenths of a second suggesting that the Mercs are likely to be very competitive this weekend. Webber headed local hero Adrian Sutil by a tiny margin with Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel and Romain Grosjean next on the time sheets. Sergio Perez completed the top 10, while an electrical problem left Fernando Alonso at the bottom of the list.

In the midfield Paul di Resta was 11th ahead of Nico Hulkenberg, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne and the two Williamses of Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas. Esteban Gutierrez was 17th.

At the back Charles Pic lead the Caterham-Marussia tussle ahead of Max Chilton, Giedo Van der Garde and Marussia's reserve driver Rodolfo Gonzalez.

FP2: Home boys ahead
by Joe Saward

Sebastian Vettel led the way in the second practice session in Germany on Friday afternoon, as the teams tried out their race set-ups for the German Grand Prix at the Nürburgring. He was two-tenths faster than Nico Rosberg, with Mark Webber third. The two Lotuses were competitive with Romain Grosjean and Kimi Raikkonen fourth and fifth ahead of the two Ferraris of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa and Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes. The top 10 was completed by Jenson Button's McLaren and Paul di Resta's Force India.

Adrian Sutil was 11th, ahead of the two Toro Tossos of Dan Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne, Sergio Perez's McLaren and the Saubers of Nico Hulkenburg and Esteban Gutierrez. They were followed by the two Williamses of Valtteri Bottas and Pastor Maldonado, the Caterhams of Charles Pic and Giedo Van der Garde and the Marussias of Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »

Lewis blows them away
by Joe Saward

Lewis Hamilton was beastly to the Germans on Saturday afternoon at the Nurburgring, beating local hero Sebastian Vettel to pole position in a last-minute dash in the Q3 session for the German GP. The Englishman beat Vettel by a tenth of a second, with Mark Webber third and Kimi Raikkonen fourth, ahead of his Lotus team-mate Romain Grosjean. Dan Ricciardo was a strong sixth for Toro Rosso ahead of the Ferraris of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, while the top 10 was completed by Jenson Button's McLaren and Nico Hulkenberg's Sauber.

An interesting race grid for the race on Sunday.

Pos Driver                Team                 Time       Gap       
 1.  Lewis Hamilton       Mercedes             1m29.398s
 2.  Sebastian Vettel     Red Bull-Renault     1m29.501s  +0.103s
 3.  Mark Webber          Red Bull-Renault     1m29.608s  +0.210s
 4.  Kimi Raikkonen       Lotus-Renault        1m29.892s  +0.494s
 5.  Romain Grosjean      Lotus-Renault        1m29.959s  +0.561s
 6.  Daniel Ricciardo     Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m30.528s  +1.130s
 7.  Felipe Massa         Ferrari              1m31.126s  +1.728s
 8.  Fernando Alonso      Ferrari              1m31.209s  +1.811s
 9.  Jenson Button        McLaren-Mercedes     No time set
10.  Nico Hulkenberg      Sauber-Ferrari       No time set
Q2 cut-off time: 1m30.269s                             Gap **
11.  Nico Rosberg         Mercedes              1m30.326s  +0.501s
12.  Paul di Resta        Force India-Mercedes  1m30.697s  +0.872s
13.  Sergio Perez         McLaren-Mercedes      1m30.933s  +1.108s
14.  Esteban Gutierrez    Sauber-Ferrari        1m31.010s  +1.185s
15.  Adrian Sutil         Force India-Mercedes  1m31.010s  +1.185s
16.  Jean-Eric Vergne     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m31.104s  +1.279s
Q1 cut-off time: 1m31.681s                              Gap *
17.  Valtteri Bottas      Williams-Renault      1m31.693s  +1.146s
18.  Pastor Maldonado     Williams-Renault      1m31.707s  +1.160s
19.  Charles Pic          Caterham-Renault      1m32.937s  +2.390s
20.  Jules Bianchi        Marussia-Cosworth     1m33.063s  +2.516s
21.  Giedo van der Garde  Caterham-Renault      1m33.734s  +3.187s
22.  Max Chilton          Marussia-Cosworth     1m34.098s  +3.551s

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »
German GP: Sebastian Vettel resists Kimi Raikkonen for home win
By Matt Beer   Sunday, July 7th 2013

Sebastian Vettel finally won his home grand prix in Germany as he resisted big pressure from Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean at the Nurburgring.

As the Lotus duo took turns to hound Vettel for most of the race, it looked unlikely that the Red Bull driver would be able to cling on for victory, but he ultimately managed to after a dogged drive.

Polesitter Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes was swamped by the faster-starting Red Bulls off the line, as Vettel and Mark Webber moved into an immediate one-two.

Webber stayed right with his team-mate until the first pitstops, when he was sent out before his right-rear wheel was fully attached.

The tyre shot off and hit a television cameraman further down the pitlane. The cameraman was taken to hospital for observation.

Hamilton lost ground with heavy tyre wear as the race progressed, but Lotus moved in the opposite direction.

Grosjean ran 13 laps on softs in his first stint - far better than anyone else managed - and that jumped him from fifth to second.

The Frenchman then chased Vettel down, though he could not get closer than two seconds behind.

A safety car just mid-distance closed things up and brought Raikkonen from 12s down into contention.

The caution period was required after Jules Bianchi's Marussia retired in a cloud of smoke and flames, and then began drifting back across the circuit on the chicane approach after its driver had got out.

The leaders made their second stops behind the safety car but could not make it from there to the end.

Grosjean was first to pit, with Vettel reacting on the next lap and staying ahead.

Raikkonen ran 10 laps further then pitted for softs, allowing him to charge back past Grosjean (who obeyed a team order to not delay the Finn) and then catch Vettel.

But the world champion had just enough in hand to hang on and win by a second.

Grosjean resisted a similar late surge from Fernando Alonso to keep third.

Alonso's Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa spun out at the first corner just four laps in while running sixth.

Hamilton ended up fifth, passing two-stopper Jenson Button's McLaren on the last lap.

Webber was brought back to the Red Bull garage and given a new wheel, then recovered from a distant last to seventh, just ahead of McLaren's Sergio Perez.

Nico Rosberg could make little progress from 11th on the grid and finished ninth ahead of countryman Nico Hulkenberg's Sauber.

Daniel Ricciardo faded from sixth in qualifying to 12th, between the Force Indias.

Williams appeared to have a shot at points for a while, before pitstop delays hampered both its drivers.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The German Grand Prix
Nurburgring, Germany;
60 laps; 306.458km;
Weather: Sunny.

Classified:

Pos  Driver        Team       
 1.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault           
 2.  Raikkonen      Lotus-Renault                       
 3.  Grosjean       Lotus-Renault                       
 4.  Alonso         Ferrari                             
 5.  Hamilton       Mercedes                           
 6.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes                     
 7.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault                     
 8.  Perez          McLaren-Mercedes                     
 9.  Rosberg        Mercedes                             
10.  Hulkenberg     Sauber-Ferrari                       
11.  Di Resta       Force India-Mercedes                 
12.  Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari                   
13.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes                 
14.  Gutierrez      Sauber-Ferrari                       
15.  Maldonado      Williams-Renault                     
16.  Bottas         Williams-Renault                     
17.  Pic            Caterham-Renault                   
18.  van der Garde  Caterham-Renault                     
19.  Chilton        Marussia-Cosworth                   
DNF. Vergne         Toro Rosso-Ferrari                   
DNF. Bianchi        Marussia-Cosworth                   
DNF. Massa          Ferrari                             

World Championship standings, round 9:               

Drivers:                    Constructors:             
 1.  Vettel        157        1.  Red Bull-Renault          250
 2.  Alonso        123        2.  Mercedes                  181
 3.  Raikkonen     118        3.  Ferrari                   180
 4.  Hamilton       97        4.  Lotus-Renault             159
 5.  Webber         93        5.  Force India-Mercedes       59
 6.  Rosberg        84        6.  McLaren-Mercedes           49
 7.  Massa          57        7.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         24
 8.  Grosjean       41        8.  Sauber-Ferrari              7
 9.  Di Resta       36       
10.  Button         33       
11.  Sutil          23       
12.  Perez          16       
13.  Vergne         13       
14.  Ricciardo      11       
15.  Hulkenberg      7       

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »
Why were the 2 pit incidents not investigated after the incidents,,,,it seems very strange to review them after the race!

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Hungarian GP

Red Bull looks good in FP1
by Joe Saward

Sebastian Vettel set the pace in the first practice session for the Hungarian Grand Prix, although the speed of the Lotuses suggested that they are going to be the team to watch this weekend. Vettel was two-tenths faster than Webber, but Kimi Raikkonen was next ahead of Fernando Alonso, Romain Grosjean, Jenson Button, Adrian Sutil, Nico Rosberg, Sergio Perez and Pastor Maldonado.

The midfield was led by Esteban Gutierrez in the Sauber ahead of Valtteri Bottas, Lewis Hamilton, Jean-Eric Vergne, Felipe Massa and Nico Hulkenberg. Daniel Ricciardo was slower than expected as was Paul di Resta, while the rear of the pack was the usual battle between Caterham and Marussia with Charles Pic ahead of Giedo Van der Garde, Jules Bianchi and Rodolfo Gonzalez.

FP2: Bulls still running ahead
by Joe Saward

Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber continued to set the pace in Hungary in the FP2 session, with Romain Grosjean third for Lotus. Kimi Raikkonen was down in eighth but was unable to set a representative lap when it mattered early in the session. The Lotus remains a strong contender in race set-up. Ferrari was not far behind with Fernando Alonso fourth and fifth, ahead of the Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. Further back the McLaren and the Force Indias were mixed up in the fight for ninth with Jneson Button ahead of Adrian Sutil, Paul di Resta and Sergio Perez. Pastor Maldonado was next up for Williams, but his team-mate Valtteri Bottas was 18th, rather a long way behind his team-mate. The Saubers were 14th and 15th with Esteban Gutierrez faster than Nico Hulkenberg, while the Toro Rossos were next with Jean-Eric Vergne faster than Daniel Ricciardo. At the back, behind Bottas, were the Caterhams and Marussias with Charles Pic ahead of Giedo Van der Garde, Jules Bianchi and Max Chilton.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM