{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: The classes where children as young as THREE learn to pole dance  (Read 9107 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: The classes where children as young as THREE learn to pole dance
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Seriously Urleft, can you look at those pictures and tell me it doesn't make you uncomfortable.

Years ago, I might have been less concerned with a topic like this.  But I now have a daughter myself.  Drastically changes my perspective. 
If someone took a photo of my daughter at her dance class, I would get suspicous. 
If she was going to a class like this pole dancing, I'd get angry. 
If someone took photos of my daughter in a pole dancing class like that, they'd get hurt, I'd get the camera.  Full Stop.  I wouldn't give a fcuk if it was the 18 year old class teacher holding the camera.  She deserves a slap anyway to wake her up a little to reality.

Any parent that thinks this kind of exposure of their kids to adult themes isn't the start of a slippery slope is not paying attention to their job as a parent. 

I agree whole heartily with you.  I would not let my daughter do it, at any age as far as I am concerned.  I also don't need some busybody telling me how to raise my children. 

For example, in the US they are indoctrinating children in schools that homosexual activity is normal and should be accepted.  As I parent I don't subscribe to that philosophy, and would not permit my child to be subjected to it.  However, it is being mandated by the GVT. 

Back in the 60s when parents were allowed to make decisions, my parents gave us kids some wine with dinner.  But now that activity is illegal.

The other side of the slippery slope is allow others to decide what is acceptable for me to teach my kid.  I believe in teaching my kid to handle firearms, but there are those trying to make this illegal. 

I do not agree with parents allowing there daughters to learn pole dancing, and I will voice my view.  But I would not make it illegal. 

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
Re: The classes where children as young as THREE learn to pole dance
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
I do agree that the 'Slippery Slope' or 'Thin edge of the Wedge' works both ways and also applies state control.  I just see something like topic solely as a Child Welfare issue.  Maybe I'm a bit blinkered in that way.

BTW, I don't disagree with your other points.  For example, over here you can drink at 18, at 16 at home with your parents.  So I think a happy balance between the 'Nanny state' approach and the 'do what you want' approach is possible. 
Also, my seven year old daughter helps me clean my guns now and then.  As a result, she doesn't have any special fascination with them or anything and has no interest in 'playing' with them.  She knows what they are for, knows they are dangerous and doesn't find them all that interesting at this stage.

Although, on homosexuality, I think Children shouldn't be lead in either way on it.  Like religion, my philosphy would be to teach what you believe (if you believe something), but also let them know that other people have different beliefs that are just as important to them, then leave the Child make up their own mind.  But this is up to every individual parent as you say.

So, .... I suppose we kind of agree.  thumbup

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM