{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Ignore at your peril!  (Read 35223 times)

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
Re: Ignore at your peril!
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
You're fully wrong there, with smoking, drinking and drugs you have freedom of choice, in religious countries you haven't.
Not only the extremists in religious are dangerous, religion itself is dangerous as it's used to control  people, not let them think for themselfs.
I actualy agree with that comment

redrover

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
Can we end this discussion?
I think we had enough of it until the next decade.
sawadi

Its all in good fun, and there is no possibility of anyone of us getting it right anyway
You're confident towards the assumption that but a few might get it right?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
sawadi

You're the boss but why spoil a good discussion? Some of us believe,some not, some have faiths automatically given to us at birth, others decide to acquire or rid themselves of religious beliefs.

Please keep the thread going ADMIN, at least whilst it remains friendly and tolerant.

Best subscribed thread since the katoey air hostesses.. And I don't believe we have had any input from Nookie yet!!!

Close it and we will all be back posting on other forums!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
ok ok.. if thats how you like it Prakhonchai Nick. hahaha

sawadi

isanbirder

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
sawadi

You're the boss but why spoil a good discussion? Some of us believe,some not, some have faiths automatically given to us at birth, others decide to acquire or rid themselves of religious beliefs.

Please keep the thread going ADMIN, at least whilst it remains friendly and tolerant.

Best subscribed thread since the katoey air hostesses.. And I don't believe we have had any input from Nookie yet!!!

Close it and we will all be back posting on other forums!

Nice bit of blackmail, Nick!

But yes, I agree with you "so long as it remains friendly and tolerant".

den Buut

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
Think the discussion is nice and friendly, let it go on.One question,is she muslim? kamoybeer

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »
Think the discussion is nice and friendly, let it go on.One question,is she muslim? kamoybeer

"Is she Muslim?" Hmmm.  Have I missed something?  Who? Perhaps all will become clear in the morning.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
sawadi

Its all in good fun, and there is no possibility of anyone of us getting it right anyway

You're confident towards the assumption that but a few might get it right?
No, I wouldn't be that elitist.  I just think none of us can get it right.  I think very few people in history have ever got it right, people make them profits or follow their words as an ideology and then extremist follow it by the letter to the extreme.  it almost like some people  evolve to a better/higher level of understanding of the human condition but when they do the rest of us are some are so far behind we struggle to grasp the idea and focus on the literal meaning of the words (reproduced, mistranslated AND moulded words).  Jesus and Buddha would be good examples of that, I don't think they ever wanted statues of themselves being worshipped.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:11:55 PM by ADMIN »

EastFife4Forfar5

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »
Whilst I haven't contributed to this thread, I just wanted to add my support to the decision to keep it going. It is a subject worthy of debate as long as everything can be kept civil.

There have been issues of censorship on other forums and I see no need for a heavy hand here - a watchful eye, perhaps  :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »
I was just suggesting it.
After all, as always guys, Its YOUR choice! wildman

I also think its a very important but personal issue some may relate it to education or habits or even logics, as we all know any religion have its own logic to prove it is the right way.
I think god is inside each person of us and I like to see it in a conceptional spiritual way but not practically following the rules of the religion because I think it got too many translations and transformations which changed it to a totally different thing from what it was at first, I think any belief should make reformations to match with today's world and the extremists you are talking about are refusing to accept this simple truth and are losing many people along the way....
sawadi
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:16:34 PM by ADMIN »

EastFife4Forfar5

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2011, 11:14:42 PM »
There are also those who do not believe in ANYTHING.

That may be a life-long view or, a result of their faith being challenged/destroyed by a particular event.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 06:17:19 AM »

That may be a life-long view or, a result of their faith being challenged/destroyed by a particular event.

And they deserve to be treated as equals amongst the believers. There is no proof of anything, so nobody can say who is right and who is wrong.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »

And they deserve to be treated as equals amongst the believers. There is no proof of anything, so nobody can say who is right and who is wrong.

Too True

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
Whilst I haven't contributed to this thread, I just wanted to add my support to the decision to keep it going. It is a subject worthy of debate as long as everything can be kept civil.

There have been issues of censorship on other forums and I see no need for a heavy hand here - a watchful eye, perhaps  :)
Same Same Here CC,,,,But I feel even THIS Forum is overly censored on certain issues!!

den Buut

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »

Taht's what I ment when I said I don't trust Atheists neihter, they say elievers are by defenition wrong, they don't have proof

That's what I ment when I said Atheism is dangerous too, they say they know but they don't, just like believers.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie