{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gun Culture in USA  (Read 234011 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Gun Culture in USA
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Read some cases in past few years where in England someone would break in, the homeowner met them with a loaded gun.  The police then arrested the homeowner, are he was later convicted for having a gun. 

Does Ireland have the same restrictions?

Offline Al.

• Contributor with future
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »
Read some cases in past few years where in England someone would break in, the homeowner met them with a loaded gun.  The police then arrested the homeowner, are he was later convicted for having a gun. 

Does Ireland have the same restrictions?

It was a long time ago so I am not sure what the situation is now.

I had a firearms certificate for the shotgun so I was legally entitled to posses it

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2011, 08:01:44 AM »
There has been an increase in the number of elderly farmers getting mugged and robbed in their homes (one died alone tied to a chair, big news nationally), there was a case of a burglar who fell running away for the homeowner and successully sued the owner for compensation.  Then, a while back a farmer living alone shot one of two guys sneaking around his farm with his shotgun and killed him (turned out the guy had previous convictions for robbery ,etc.) but the farmer went to jail because of the current laws, since then there has been great discussion in Ireland about the law in relation to this.  Before this the term 'reasonable means of defence' did not include killing the intruder in defence of your property only in defence of life, which was very hard to prove until they tied you up or shot at you.  New laws are in the process of being finalised to properly define self defence, lethal intentional force, etc.  But in general people are pissed off and want to at least be able to beat the shit out of a burglar if they catch them.  And if an elderly person/couple living isolated in the countryside find someone breaking into their house, then they should f@#kin shoot them after shouting a warning.  We await the legislation with bated breath.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »
Partisan views on gun controlQuestion: How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans, and Southern Republicans?

The answer can be found by posing the following problem:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges.
You are carrying a Glock and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me and not my family?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have a paint and gardening day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing!
I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

Southern Republican's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click...(sounds of reloading).

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
Here we go again ,another gun toting Yank runs amok in a Womens Hairdressers,,,,Lets wait to see the pathetic replies/excuses roll in

Red Jet

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
Here we go again ,another gun toting Yank runs amok in a Womens Hairdressers,,,,Lets wait to see the pathetic replies/excuses roll in

Eight Killed In US Hair Salon Shooting

Eight people have been killed and one is critically injured after a gunman opened fire in a packed hairdresser's in California.

The shooter reportedly had several weapons and was wearing body armour, although this has not been confirmed.

Police said a man was arrested without incident a short time after the attack in the small town of Seal Beach, 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

Six were initially reported dead but the figure later rose to eight.

Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the shooting on Wednesday afternoon. The motive is still unclear.

Police responded to a 911 call reporting gunfire at the salon.

A police spokesman said: "Upon arrival we found six confirmed deceased people, along with three critically injured parties, which were transported to a local hospital.

"The officers identified the (suspect's) vehicle as it was leaving the location.

"They followed it and made a traffic stop and took the driver into custody."

Police are investigating what links, if any, the gunman had to the salon.

"At this point in time we do not know what he said, or if he said anything at all during the shooting or what his relationship with this salon (was)," the spokesman said

:wacko: loco

Offline Krok Kinuh

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
The difference is Switzerland itself doesn't solve their problems by destroying countries, so that's a big difference in culture.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
The difference is Switzerland itself doesn't solve their problems by destroying countries, so that's a big difference in culture.

Just to point out: Switzerland helps destroy enough coutries by taking care of corrupt despot leader's and drug barons with anonimous swiss bank accounts (Padlo Escabar, Col. Gadaffi, Charles Taylor) and facilitating them with a confidential banking facility which allows them to side step official sanctions.

Offline Krok Kinuh

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
That can be true, but I ment they don't bomb countries to put their will on them, and that's what Americans see as normal, be aggressive, shoot your oponent.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
That can be true, but I ment they don't bomb countries to put their will on them, and that's what Americans see as normal, be aggressive, shoot your oponent.

That is true, and we are very good at it. 

Offline John the Traveller

• Long distance perforator+maker of small things
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
Dear Krok, the world is full of guns. All of them manufactured by governments for financial gain.
Occasionally we hear of bad things happening. Considering the amount of guns in private hands on this planet the incidences are small. As to large scale use of fire arms we are lucky that the only super power left (USA) exhibits the fine control that it does. I shudder to think what the world would be like if Uncle Joe Stalin or the detestable Adolf were still around! Weapons are a fact of life. Most of them are in the hands of disciplined, well trained people.
John

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
Ah Well, I suppose this is a good time to mention I am picking up my new rifle this weekend.  Just waiting for a little custom work to be completed in the shop and Off I go.  Recently got my first Deer hunting License (hard to get in Gun paranoid Ireland), so hopefully its venison dinner this Sunday. 

Does that make me a Gun-crazed, potentially murderous sycho, .. or do I need to be American to obtain that label ?

Offline Jon Terry

• if the fish tastes bad put rotton fish on it
    • www.freewebs.com/jonterryinteriors
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »

The six top producers of arms in the world are USA, UK, France ,Russia,Israel and China

The United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China  – are also the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
How about that then ?
[/quote]

Offline Frank_the_Tank

« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
exactly right Jon
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:32:51 PM by Frank_the_Tank »

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:32 PM »
Stop on.
The countries spouting the most about peace, sell the most weapons of war. 
Like everything else, its a business.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM