{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gun Culture in USA  (Read 234028 times)

Offline John the Traveller

• Contributor on the right way
  • Long distance perforator+maker of small things
Re: Gun Culture in USA
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
Naaaaa dB I still have a sense of humour otherwise I wouldn't read your diatribe  swordfight
Riggerds
JT

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
As we say in America "You can take my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands."

Offline garytaffy

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2011, 06:31:07 AM »
 :D  :D :D

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »
This topic came up last night in a conversational group which included a couple of Yanks,,,Such self centred arrogance made them both look a pair of right twats

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2011, 09:42:08 AM »
Gun control means hitting your target.

The 2nd Amendment of the USA Constitution was put in so citizens could protect themselves from Government.

An armed person is a citizen, an unarmed person is a subject.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »
Why wasn't I a Fisherman??

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
I have always thought of my guns as hunting equipment or a hobby when target shooting.

Sorry Urleft, but I never understood the rationale that you need to protect yourself against your own government.  If you need a gun for that, then there is something seriously wrong with your system of government.

den Buut

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »
Or something serious wrong in your (gun)culture.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2011, 08:27:55 AM »
I have always thought of my guns as hunting equipment or a hobby when target shooting.

Sorry Urleft, but I never understood the rationale that you need to protect yourself against your own government.  If you need a gun for that, then there is something seriously wrong with your system of government.

The founders of my country recognized that evil men exist, and prey on the stupid.  The put clauses in our constitution to ensure we can remain a armed society, to protect ourselves. 

The vast majority of time, guns are not required.  But what do you do when evil men get in power and control the courts and police?   That can happen in any country.

So we have guns, just in case my GVT goes bonkers.  What are the chances of your country making the people subjects?

den Buut

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »

The founders of my country recognized that evil men exist, and prey on the stupid.  The put clauses in our constitution to ensure we can remain a armed society, to protect ourselves. 

The vast majority of time, guns are not required.  But what do you do when evil men get in power and control the courts and police?   That can happen in any country.

So we have guns, just in case my GVT goes bonkers.  What are the chances of your country making the people subjects?

We already are, but nobody is starting shooting them. So if you don't like Obama and say he's evil you're allowed to shoot him?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
LOL  Funny.

If you look at the founders of my country, most did not fare well taking on the British. 

So when the GVT crosses the line, there is recourse, however, I would not expect to survive it. 

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_a978c23a-a40f-5d0a-a203-76b88ac67e86.html?mode=story

Not sure if my GVT is crossing the line.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:28 AM »

Not much chance of the government in my country making the people subjects.  Traditionally, we don't really take too much notice of what the stupid f@#kers say anyway.  In any case, the IMF are running the show in Ireland now, more power to them.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2011, 05:56:50 AM »
Urleft:  I'm not having a pop at America or anything, its just different in my country.  The Government in my country can't really subject the people like the way you suggest.  We have about 7 different political parties, and usually have a few independant TD's (ministers of parliment) and almost every Government so far has been a coalition, so no overriding single power.  We have a president that can dissolve the government and a senate made up of mostly acedemics to citique the government. With a long history of hungerstriking, passive dissobedience and the origins of the word boycott, we are not an easy people to subject, even without guns.  Although the last lot did almost bankrupt us so maybe you have a point, but that was more their stupidity and ineptness than anything else.
By the way Urleft, the founders of my country didn't do much better against the English either . . .the first time around.  We got there in the end though.

Anyway, Evil men always get into power they are called Politicians. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2011, 06:31:43 AM »
The reason for US gun culture:

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/woman-i-shot-him-951065.html?cxtype=rss_news_128746

“I was in the shower and the lights cut out in my house,” the sobbing woman said moments after she shot and killed Puentes  on May 11.“This man came at me with a hood on. And he had a knife in his hand.”

He forced her into her bedroom, she later told police, and that is where she retrieved her gun.

“I shot him as much as I could,” said the woman. “I shot him with a .22 but he just kept running.

"He was going to rape me, kill me.

Her mistake was not having a larger caliber, but it did work.  The USA problem is that with over 300 million people, there are going to be preverts, rapists, degenerates and all around bad people.  Having a gun can equalize a woman to a 200 pound man.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
The reason for US gun culture:

Her mistake was not having a larger caliber, but it did work.  The USA problem is that with over 300 million people, there are going to be preverts, rapists, degenerates and all around bad people.  Having a gun can equalize a woman to a 200 pound man.

Thats fair enough, I suppose.  I can understand that. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie