{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Hotel and nightlife  (Read 6717 times)

Offline dennis

Hotel and nightlife
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:36 AM »
Hi Guys

New to the forum but not LOS!!

Lived in Phuket and currently in Patts.

Am having another visit to the province at the end of the month and for the first time have decided to stay in Buriram town and do the daily hike to Prakhon Chai to be fleeced by the relatives!

Looking to move to the area in just over a year and at present we operate an internet cafe/coffee shop/guest house/printing biz and will probably do the same when we move.

Despite a few trips to the province I dont know that6 much about it so any help/pointers from the locals and those in the know greatly appreciated.

ook forward to meeting some of you during my trip.

Den
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:55:56 AM by ADMIN »

Offline dennis

Re: Hotel and nightlife
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
Wow, thanks for the feedback guys.  party10
welcome1 to all newbies in Buriram, your friendly town!!!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:11:06 PM by ADMIN »

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
its so different from phuket and prices are very low compare to phuket.
you've asked about hotels in buriram , see here all buriram province area hotels ; http://www.buriramexpats.com/hotels/
 smilenod

I would advice you to talk with people here and go over the search option in the forum.tyou'll find alot of interesting information about farangs living here.
overall,be ready for a real slow down in life moving to buriram.  chairhit

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
Buriram is a lot different than Patts, do not expect anyone to speak/understand English unless you are in Falang Bar/business.

You can walk around town and in stores and not see any Falangs.  Do not be surprised if you are stared at by some Thai's, you can be a novelty to them.

But the people are fiendly, life is quiet, and things are at a slower pace.  The Hotels section on this forum is the best bet to find a place to stay.  Buriram is not Pattaya where hotels are everywhere. 

enjoy. 

Keith

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:40:21 AM »
Buriram is a lot different than Patts, do not expect anyone to speak/understand English unless you are in Falang Bar/business.

You can walk around town and in stores and not see any Falangs.  Do not be surprised if you are stared at by some Thai's, you can be a novelty to them.

But the people are fiendly, life is quiet, and things are at a slower pace.  The Hotels section on this forum is the best bet to find a place to stay.  Buriram is not Pattaya where hotels are everywhere. 

enjoy. 

Keith

I don't know what stores you go to, but every time I go into BIG C or Makro I get the impression that the entire farang population of Buriram are in there shopping. Farangs are everywhere. It's been a very long time since we were a novelty!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »

enjoy. 

Keith

I don't know what stores you go to, but every time I go into BIG C or Makro I get the impression that the entire farang population of Buriram are in there shopping. Farangs are everywhere. It's been a very long time since we were a novelty!
Its a pity that Big C & Makro in Buriram don't cater for the needs of the farang better than they do......because you rightly say many farangs use both outlets

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:25 AM »
Wow, thanks for the feedback guys.  party10
welcome1 to all newbies in Buriram, your friendly town!!!

Dennis,I seldom go into Buriram at night ,Korat has far more nightlife & does cater somewhat for the farang a damn sight more than Buriram....When I've stayed in Buriram I've used the Sabai Hotel,not far from the bus station ,500 baht/night.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

enjoy. 

Keith

Well maybe I am a little biased, compared to Pattaya or Bangkok, there are not Farangs everywhere.  Yes, ususally see 1 or 2 others in Big C or Makro, but it is not half the store. 

I went to that fair they have during Christmas in 2008 (first time in Buriram), I saw 2 other white guys.  Then this kid stopped and stared at me like I was the 1st farang he had ever seen. 

I was on the streets of Buriram in December, went through the Day Market, did not seen another Falang.  Have seen them there a few times. 

You notice the farangs in Buriram and we nod to each other in passing because we are a very small minority.  In turist areas farangs don't bother acknowledging each other as they are everywhere. 

cheers mate.

Offline dennis

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »
Well I spent a week in Buriram at the Thepnakorn hotel.

Short trip report:

As always in Issan, I am blown away by the peace and tranquility wherever you go.

Hotel: Had to book a VIP room as full due to conferences and weddings. As a hotel the place sucks, really, no coathangers in the rooms (unless you pay extra) no in room safe and a price tag of 1450Bht a night. Phuket prices and not of a good standard.

Food however, was different story, reasonable prices and excellently cooked. Service was slow but friendly and a bottle of vino at 700 was acceptable.

Tried the food and companionship at 2 farang establishments and have to say the first, International, was not a good experience for service, presentation or food.

Coffee connection was good for the morning coffee and perv, enjoyed that experience and repeated most days. Rocky, the owner is a personable guy and I would recommend it as a stop off point for newbies to the area.

Best farang food by a mile was Coffee Corner in Prakhon Chai, a place I will eat and drink whenever Im in the area. Reading the forum the owner says he has no catering experience. Well. I have!, and whilst he is, apparently, in the UK at present, I can inform him that his new venture is being run in a professional and excellent manner.  Food is grade A+, well cooked, good quality and well presented at reasonable cost. I suspect a successful business has just opened in PC!!

Overall my trip was exactly what I expected and whilst the prices are not that much cheaper than Pattaya (in some cases more expensive) it is still relatively cheap and everyone has to make a living.

To give you some examples

Singha beer in Patts can be had for 45bht in a bar, never saw lesss than 50 on my trip.
Chang is 35 in Patts, cheapest in Buriram I saw was 45bht.
Full English breakfast can be had in Patts (good quality) for 120bht, 150ish is the norm (it seems) in B,PC and Surin.

I love being in the area and will be back within the next 2 months, staying in PC to be close to the farang eating hole ( NO, I do not have any connection to CC!!).

You guys who live up there are indeed fortunate and we are considering building a house there soon. We have a large number of Rai (well it looks a lot!!) and we will be splitting our time between business in Patts and PC.

Overall my only disappointment was with Surin which seems to be less friendly and a little less clean than the other areas. Ate at the Farang Connection there and I understand the place was excellent until the owner passed away a short time ago. My experience of the place did not reflect the reputation of the restaurant and I hope his widow manages to get it back to where it, apparently, was before.

Thanks to the guys I met this time and I hope to meet others on my next trip. Will definately be trying the Korat experience then.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:09:25 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM