I have a will in my name only
3 (23.1%)
I have a will in both names
0 (0%)
I dont think its necessary
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 23, 2012, 06:47:45 AM

Author Topic: Building a House  (Read 34326 times)

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Building a House
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »
The reason for asking about the panels is the cost i have 2 systems in australia 5kw costing about $8000 aud , and i dont get an electricity bill , they pay me at the end of the year , thank you to admin for the videos, one more QUERY i have a 10 thousand litre poly tank installed at one of my houses , cost to buy $1300 are plastic tanks this size or bigger available in thailand, for in my travels around thailand have not seen mostly concrete and big ceramic pots, be interested in your thougts on this subject .                                                                                                                                     

Offline ducati05

• Contributor with future
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
rufusredtail, the biggest I have seen/got is 3000lt plastic tanks, I would be interested too if they came any bigger, I need to double my capacity... Yes I hear you say buy 2  oldmanwithstick  but I allready have 3 x3000LT and 2700LT underground...
  Or an underground concrete tank, had 1 quote of 300,000 Bt for a tank of around 45,000 lts , not cheap...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 03:51:51 AM »
rufusredtail, the biggest I have seen/got is 3000lt plastic tanks, I would be interested too if they came any bigger, I need to double my capacity... Yes I hear you say buy 2  oldmanwithstick  but I allready have 3 x3000LT and 2700LT underground...
  Or an underground concrete tank, had 1 quote of 300,000 Bt for a tank of around 45,000 lts , not cheap...
Where do you live that you need such a big tank(S) of water???!!
I don't have any but have water pump which is working very well, maybe a standard water tank would have been nice to have to make the water pump work less hard but thats it....... Really, explain me, maybe there is a sensible reason to have such a big amount of water stored all the time....?! sawadi

Offline rufusredtail

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 06:29:21 AM »
I live in AUSTRALIA, the reason for the question is for the future of , building a house ,in thailand at a later date, 10,000 litres is really not that big ,about 3 meters across and 2.5 meters high , i have this one at the main house,my gf who is thai uses this for the garden i have this connected this tank to the toilet and the washing machine , using a pressure pump, reason been , as you know here in australia in victoria , our dams went down to 29% full so water here is going to sky rocket soon , you could not wash your car or hose your driveway, only water the garden on certain days, all due to drought, something i think has never happened in thailand, i have a beach house where there is no town water, there i have 10,000 gallons , approx 50,0000 litres, concrete tank , but you can get up to 30,0000 litres in fibreglass or poly, so theres another Question for all out there are pressure pumps availiable , cost? 

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
My Ozzy mate built a huge tanked room alongside his house to store water and when on holiday at Kho Chang, I saw a very upmarket house for sale with a tanked basement that also kept the downstairs nice and cool.

Offline ducati05

• Contributor with future
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
Where do you live that you need such a big tank(S) of water???!!
I don't have any but have water pump which is working very well, maybe a standard water tank would have been nice to have to make the water pump work less hard but thats it....... Really, explain me, maybe there is a sensible reason to have such a big amount of water stored all the time....?! sawadi
Admin, I don't know if its a sensible reason but...    I have 2.5 Rai, I love my gardens and I'll be happy to work in it as much as I can, The whole block (1 acre) has an underground sprinkler system broken up into 3 zones,  1 zone can empty a 3000 lt tank in 25 minutes, so even if I only water for say 15 minutes thats a hell of a lot of water for 3 zones.... the village supply during the dryest part of the year has NO pressure and takes weeks to top the tanks up again, no problem now when its raining but I don't need it now as much..
  If that doesn't make sense it maybe because I'm an Aussie as well..  redman redman

Offline Nobby

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
why dont you pm Alan the Builder for advice. He is a forum sponsor and very helpful too!

Offline rufusredtail

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
why dont you pm Alan the Builder for advice. He is a forum sponsor and very helpful too!
   I have no doubt i will do this in the end , signed contract , and watch it been built , someone that speaks english to you , very helpfull, i have sub contracted all tradesman to build my last two houses, but you have to be on the ball all the time, and be there, as many of you have said , using this site mainly for information because western think different to thai in many ways , you think they understand what you say to them , turns out they dont many times, that i have learnt since living with a thai , i am getting to old to take on another build , so thank you to all for the information , been an eduacation, will add some questions down the track as they come up. pray1

Offline Nobby

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
wise words Rufus.

I was a Project Manager and still had a few mistakes made because of the reasons you state above. Most were the stupidest error that could so easily be avoided. I put it down to the fact that Thai's say yes to everything weather they understand or not.

Offline rufusredtail

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 11:45:28 AM »
wise words Rufus.

I was a Project Manager and still had a few mistakes made because of the reasons you state above. Most were the stupidest error that could so easily be avoided. I put it down to the fact that Thai's say yes to everything weather they understand or not.
If you dont mind me asking what went wrong , what mistakes were made ?

Offline Nobby

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
The main thing that was practically impossible to remidy was no 'traps' on waste water outlets from the shower rooms. A very simple thing to do and needed to stop smells and bugs. Found that one out after the floor tiling had been finished!

Offline rufusredtail

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
Hello again, tapping your brain once again, i have noticed in thailand that they produce clay bricks , very small, i am looking for if i can get  bricks 230mm long by 105 mm wide by 76 mm high , either in solids which i prefer or wire cuts , any advice  on what you have used , would be appreciated, thanks   

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Condo for sale by DeputyDavid
July 03, 2024, 11:22:00 PM

Re: Condo for sale by rus103
July 03, 2024, 11:05:03 PM

Re: Condo for sale by DeputyDavid
July 03, 2024, 10:26:51 PM

Re: Condo for sale by rus103
July 03, 2024, 10:03:46 PM

Re: Condo for sale by Gerry