{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: recommended costruction company?  (Read 16156 times)

Offline Jeroen1

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
recommended costruction company?
« on: December 14, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »
Anyone can recomend an constructioner in Buriram city area? I prefer if you only recommend one from own experience... Thank you so far.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: recommended costruction company?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
What sort of building are you interested in having built?  I have provided building materials such a steel, roof tiles, PVC pipes, various wall blocks, concrete, to dozens of "Builders" in Buriram Province for many years. I have been subcontracted by a wide variety of "builders" in Buriram to provide and install water pumps, pressure tanks, septic tanks, water filter systems, and water storage tanks in many different types of buildings in Buriram.

A construction company that has successfully constructed a two or three story row of shop houses might not be the best to build a simple detached house. While a Buriram house Builder who has done very well at working with a local architect on a single or two story residence, might not be the best firm to build a new resort or new hotel in Buriram.  I will be happy to post the contact name and current phone number of reputable builders I have provided materials if the O.P. indicates the sort of building and perhaps the size of the building he is interested in building.  Not every Buriram "construction firm" is set up to serve a Farang building a house of a certain size or certain Farang expectations of "fit and finish" in my observation. 
Pichai of Ruangsangthai Hardware and Builders Merchants Supply.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »
check alanthebuilder ... great bloke and you can explain everything to him, he will build according to your wishes/finances but your missus will be 100% against it ...

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
Pichai, I am looking to replace a roof with material that looks similar to concrete tile when installed, however it is a larger sheet that is made of some sort of fiber and cement mixture.  Does this sound familiar?  Can you tell me the proper name for the material, and how much it costs?  I thank you very much.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »
Jeroen, how ling is a piece of string ?

You will need to give more details of what you want the company for - as Pichai says it is 'horses for courses'.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
Deputy David: The larger sheet fiber (not metal) roof sheets generally come in two sizes  55 X 120  or 55 X 150.  Most every tile maker in Thailand also manufactures this long lasting roof tile in two different thicknesses.  The cost of each "roof tile sheet" can vary depending on:
1) Size  2) thickness  3) color.   Then there are the ridge line and other pieces to match what style and thickness you desire.  Not to be forgotten is a proper "Roof Tile Fastener" such as the lines offered by Profast.  The design and look of these larger fiber sheet roof tiles need not be only blue.

http://www.sherasolution.com/hahuang/th/our-products/product4-01.html

Prices are "all over the map" depending on which brand, size, color, thickness, location for delivery and amount of tiles you need.  The color fades quickly on some of the brands and thickness of roof tiles, which may or may not be important for your particular project. No matter where you shop be sure to get the total price including the odd shaped tiles, such as the top ridge line and quality "Roof Tile Fasteners".  I am out of Buriram this Sunday afternoon, but I will be on duty at my main store on Highway 2074 again on Monday Morning. Do not hesitate to phone me any day of the week at 089-844-9680 so I can show you what colors, sizes and thickness we have in stock OR what we can order.  We generally stock the less expensive colors, but special orders are less than one week to obtain.  I've attached two photos of common colors of the type of roof tile I believe you are requesting.  These roof tiles are a big step up in comfort level from metal roofs. We have the largest selection in Buriram Province of quality roof tile fasteners.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:16:47 PM by Pichai »

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
I thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail.  I will have the family contact you.  Is it best to use woos or steel roof rafters for this type of material?

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:51 PM »
Wood not woos...sorry.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »
Wood not woos...sorry.

Offline Buriramlanguageservices

• Buriram Language Services
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »
One of the services that we offer is translation. This includes both written translation, for Thai to English or English to Thai, and also as an interpreter.

Arrangements can be made for an interpreter to be present at anytime to ensure a smooth operation.

Whether you are building a house, repairing or servicing a car, making a large purchase or any other situation where you may find yourself in difficulty with the language, we can be of assistance.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Deputy David;  Wood Roof rafters or Steel Roof rafters are both perfectly fine with these lighter weight roof tiles in Buriram Houses. However cost considerations, or if you had "good" wood left over from the current wood roof support can play a role in your decision. The Roof Tile Fasteners are slightly different for wood or metal. Protecting the steel from rust or protecting the wood from Termites are both items to consider. If you were going to "hang" a suspended square tile ceiling or even a gypsum sheet ceiling you might be better with selecting steel roof rafters.  My Builders merchants shop in Buriram sells more steel for roof rafters, since we are NOT a lumberyard.  Often Thai Village people have access to suitable wood from a "tear down' or from legal logging. Chaindrite is the brand of wood termite protector we discount and sell the most of in Buriram Province. I believe Ruangsangthai sells steel or all sorts, in Buriram Province at the lowest prices when matched exact size and grade of the steel.  I am NOT the best supplier in Buriram for real wood other than plywood.

If you have some idea of the size of your roof please consider bringing that information to my Builders Merchants Store so my staff can run a software program to give you the best idea of how much steel OR wood you would need to use the roof tiles. The computer program also does a fair job of estimating how many roof tiles (depending on the size of the tile, and pitch of the roof), you should consider for purchase and delivery.  I WILL give full store credit OR without hesitation, a full cash refund, for unused roof tiles in pristine condition if you order too many and complete your project with a surplus. There is a virtue in saving a fair amount of floor tile, wall tile, tile grout and roof tile in case of a repair in the years to come.  Extra surplus paint might spoil, but some surplus tile is prudent to save as "tile styles change".  You go to change out a toilet or change a shower pipe in the wall and you will be very happy to have the exact same tile as you originally installed.

Buriram Language Services seems to be offering a valid service, especially if clients had the building materials list in both Thai and English.  The "item number' and a description in Thai and English, I believe can make the process of selecting building materials and comparing prices go much better for Expats who do not read Thai language. My store can easily prepare price estimates in both Thai and English, but sometimes a Thai builder will supply a client a list only in Thai, where the expat "thinks" the item listed is other than what is actually written in the Thai language list from the Thai builder or family member.   

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
What sort of building are you interested in having built?  I have provided building materials such a steel, roof tiles, PVC pipes, various wall blocks, concrete, to dozens of "Builders" in Buriram Province for many years. I have been subcontracted by a wide variety of "builders" in Buriram to provide and install water pumps, pressure tanks, septic tanks, water filter systems, and water storage tanks in many different types of buildings in Buriram.

A construction company that has successfully constructed a two or three story row of shop houses might not be the best to build a simple detached house. While a Buriram house Builder who has done very well at working with a local architect on a single or two story residence, might not be the best firm to build a new resort or new hotel in Buriram.  I will be happy to post the contact name and current phone number of reputable builders I have provided materials if the O.P. indicates the sort of building and perhaps the size of the building he is interested in building.  Not every Buriram "construction firm" is set up to serve a Farang building a house of a certain size or certain Farang expectations of "fit and finish" in my observation. 
it will be for building either a one story or two story house, this all depending on prices etc. Also it would be nice if they make all architecure drawings themselves or at least will be capable of going through several ideas for a building.

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
check alanthebuilder ... great bloke and you can explain everything to him, he will build according to your wishes/finances but your missus will be 100% against it ...
Did have contact with alan thebuilder several years ago,and back then he was not interested,because it was only a small order. It is for 1 to 2millions tops. Guess he is not interested still. Or has he changed his way of business? Than he would have my preference. Maybe i have to ask him again..

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
Deputy David;  Wood Roof rafters or Steel Roof rafters are both perfectly fine with these lighter weight roof tiles in Buriram Houses. However cost considerations, or if you had "good" wood left over from the current wood roof support can play a role in your decision. The Roof Tile Fasteners are slightly different for wood or metal. Protecting the steel from rust or protecting the wood from Termites are both items to consider. If you were going to "hang" a suspended square tile ceiling or even a gypsum sheet ceiling you might be better with selecting steel roof rafters.  My Builders merchants shop in Buriram sells more steel for roof rafters, since we are NOT a lumberyard.  Often Thai Village people have access to suitable wood from a "tear down' or from legal logging. Chaindrite is the brand of wood termite protector we discount and sell the most of in Buriram Province. I believe Ruangsangthai sells steel or all sorts, in Buriram Province at the lowest prices when matched exact size and grade of the steel.  I am NOT the best supplier in Buriram for real wood other than plywood.

If you have some idea of the size of your roof please consider bringing that information to my Builders Merchants Store so my staff can run a software program to give you the best idea of how much steel OR wood you would need to use the roof tiles. The computer program also does a fair job of estimating how many roof tiles (depending on the size of the tile, and pitch of the roof), you should consider for purchase and delivery.  I WILL give full store credit OR without hesitation, a full cash refund, for unused roof tiles in pristine condition if you order too many and complete your project with a surplus. There is a virtue in saving a fair amount of floor tile, wall tile, tile grout and roof tile in case of a repair in the years to come.  Extra surplus paint might spoil, but some surplus tile is prudent to save as "tile styles change".  You go to change out a toilet or change a shower pipe in the wall and you will be very happy to have the exact same tile as you originally installed.

Buriram Language Services seems to be offering a valid service, especially if clients had the building materials list in both Thai and English.  The "item number' and a description in Thai and English, I believe can make the process of selecting building materials and comparing prices go much better for Expats who do not read Thai language. My store can easily prepare price estimates in both Thai and English, but sometimes a Thai builder will supply a client a list only in Thai, where the expat "thinks" the item listed is other than what is actually written in the Thai language list from the Thai builder or family member.   

it will be for building either a one story or two story house, this all depending on prices etc. Also it would be nice if they make all architecure drawings themselves or at least will be capable of going through several ideas for a building. alsoit willnot be a thai style house,but has to look a little betterthan the standard walls with a roof build on the sand, but then again it willnot have to be a European quality build house too , only design wiseand interiour wise.

Did have contact with alan thebuilder several years ago,and back then he was not interested,because it was only a small order. It is for 1 to 2millions tops. Guess he is not interested still. Or has he changed his way of business? Than he would have my preference. Maybe i have to ask him again..

Offline Jeroen1

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »

it will be for building either a one story or two story house, this all depending on prices etc. Also it would be nice if they make all architecure drawings themselves or at least will be capable of going through several ideas for a building. alsoit willnot be a thai style house,but has to look a little betterthan the standard walls with a roof build on the sand, but then again it willnot have to be a European quality build house too , only design wiseand interiour wise. ( i mean like a real kitchen inside, a nice shower,nice floor etc. grounded power boxes etc. )

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie