{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Early extension renewal time increase at KCI  (Read 37755 times)

Offline erik69

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Early extension renewal time increase at KCI
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »
Nookie, is that correct, 13,000 for yearly retirement extensions?
YES

The correct price for a Retirement Extension is 1900 Baht at your Local Immigration office.There are Visa Services that can obtain you a Retirement Extension for 13k, give or take a few 1000 Baht .I have heard of some as low as 11,500 Baht, going all the way to over 50,000 for an agent to arrange this for you if you can't reach the financial requirements.
Just do some Google-ing or spend some time in Pattaya or Bangkok .Some even advertises on Thaivisa or other forums.
These an old saying " if you are prepared to pay a premium virtually anything can be arranged in Thailand ". smilenod

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »
YES

The correct price for a Retirement Extension is 1900 Baht at your Local Immigration office.There are Visa Services that can obtain you a Retirement Extension for 13k, give or take a few 1000 Baht .I have heard of some as low as 11,500 Baht, going all the way to over 50,000 for an agent to arrange this for you if you can't reach the financial requirements.
Just do some Google-ing or spend some time in Pattaya or Bangkok .Some even advertises on Thaivisa or other forums.
These an old saying " if you are prepared to pay a premium virtually anything can be arranged in Thailand ". smilenod

moneysmile love5 moneysmile

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 07:09:26 PM »
When I was trying to get my retirement visa for the 1st time in Nov 2011, I was talking to Tony at Visa King on Wireless Road in Bangkok, he made the generous offer that he would take care of it for me all for a mere 77,000 baht.  I did not think that was a fair price. 

The next day I went to Korat and for 1900 baht got the Retirement extension. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
YES

Circumventing the rules only makes it more difficult for genuine applicants. If you can't meet the financial requirements, then find some other (legitimate) way to stay here..

Offline erik69

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »

Circumventing the rules only makes it more difficult for genuine applicants. If you can't meet the financial requirements, then find some other (legitimate) way to stay here..

The only way to stop Circumventing the rules is to stop corruption,if there wasn't corruption rules couldn't be Circumvented.

Blame the Thai Immigration services ........ no the applicants or Visa Services for bending the rules ;)

mxyzptlk

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:39 PM »
erik,
not blaming anyone...just airing my opinion...It's all Rock 'N' Roll to me bud

mxyzptlk

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

The only way to stop Circumventing the rules is to stop corruption,if there wasn't corruption rules couldn't be Circumvented.

Blame the Thai Immigration services ........ no the applicants or Visa Services for bending the rules ;)
The only way to stop corruption is to kill the market....as long as there are customers then the service will continue....thats just my humble opinion of course...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:45:50 PM by mxyzptlk »

Offline erik69

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »

The only way to stop corruption is to kill the market....as long as there are customers then the service will continue....thats just my humble opinion of course...

........good idea. spot1

The only way to stop corruption is by making the penalties a lot tougher for officials if they get caught. :)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »
Human Nature, you will not stop corruption.  It is in the US despite all the laws and penalties.  I would be astounded if it was not also in the UK and Oz.  It is just hidden and much much more expensive. 

So between hidden corruption (USA) and blatant corruption here, I prefer the blatant.  You can buy yourself out of problems, and relatively cheaply. 

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 06:05:30 PM »
I just refuse to play the game, so in the end it will cost me more to go legit but that's my way. The people that go for it are as corrupt as they who offer the corrupt option so please do come down from your high horses. Giving in to the game is accepting corruption and so it will florish. Not my cup of tea ...

Offline erik69

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2013, 07:09:26 PM »
I just refuse to play the game, so in the end it will cost me more to go legit but that's my way.

The problem is that people for the UK that live on at State pension only get £110.15 per week ,even if they have a private pension to top it up , not may people I know have the 65k a month to meet the financial criteria,they rely on the Combination method.When I first came to Thailand the exchange rate was in the mid 70's , now the exchange rate is in the high 40's but the  financial criteria has stayed the some ( in most case's).
I think this is the reason some of the long term expats have been forced to obtain Visa's from the agents and pay the premium for doing so.
Many are quite happy to live on say 40-50k a month and can have a great standard of living compared to that in the UK.
Just by looking around in the farang run Bars and Restaurants,a large proportion of expats are staying in and eating and drinking at home ,because of the exchange rate.
Some are even getting married to their Girlfriend so they can obtain the married Visa Extention,maybe something they wouldn't have done if the Financial criteria wasn't so tough.
Even married guys are going to Savannakhet to get Non'O'Visa's because they don't have the 400k or proof of 45k a month wages,most being teachers with young families to support.
I don't think anyone would go down the Visa agent route if the financial rules weren't so tough.!!!   :unsure:

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
I just refuse to play the game, so in the end it will cost me more to go legit but that's my way.

The problem is that people for the UK that live on at State pension only get £110.15 per week ,even if they have a private pension to top it up , not may people I know have the 65k a month to meet the financial criteria,they rely on the Combination method.When I first came to Thailand the exchange rate was in the mid 70's , now the exchange rate is in the high 40's but the  financial criteria has stayed the some ( in most case's).
I think this is the reason some of the long term expats have been forced to obtain Visa's from the agents and pay the premium for doing so.
Many are quite happy to live on say 40-50k a month and can have a great standard of living compared to that in the UK.
Just by looking around in the farang run Bars and Restaurants,a large proportion of expats are staying in and eating and drinking at home ,because of the exchange rate.
Some are even getting married to their Girlfriend so they can obtain the married Visa Extention,maybe something they wouldn't have done if the Financial criteria wasn't so tough.
Even married guys are going to Savannakhet to get Non'O'Visa's because they don't have the 400k or proof of 45k a month wages,most being teachers with young families to support.
I don't think anyone would go down the Visa agent route if the financial rules weren't so tough.!!!   :unsure:

I don't think the financial requirements are THAT onerous. Especially, for someone who is married - to expect someone to have GBP 8k behind them is not unreasonable, irrespective of income. Income GBP 800 is not unreasonable for someone who has successfully planned for their life in Thailand.

I fully accept the impact of exchange rates moving from over 70 (in the UK example) to under 50.  My original budget forecast gave me 140,000 per month !!  :o

Also, the income of a spouse is not taken into account (along with other factors) so the 880k/400k and 65k p.m./40k p.m. is very bland and simplistic.

Playing it "legit" will never cost more - quite rightly - but I know people who meet the financial requirements but cannot be arsed dealing with embassy/immigration. They would rather pay a visa service company fee and avoid the hassle. to all the naysayers I would that in the HIGHLY unlikely event that the extension "loophole" is closed, these people then have the option to go legit. I am certain that there are too many vested interests at stake for anything to change in the near future.

Offline erik69

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »

Playing it "legit" will never cost more - quite rightly - but I know people who meet the financial requirements but cannot be arsed dealing with embassy/immigration. They would rather pay a visa service company fee and avoid the hassle. to all the naysayers I would that in the HIGHLY unlikely event that the extension "loophole" is closed, these people then have the option to go legit. I am certain that there are too many vested interests at stake for anything to change in the near future.

Spot on CoCo  smilenod

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »

Spot on CoCo  smilenod

I personally have no issues with being legit as I don't think the requirements are that onerous either.  A little up front planning can go a long way.  And if there is income problems an embassy income verification may be way to go.  I got one from the US Embassy and didn't have to show anything, and I know a Brit that got one from the UK Embassy and he said he didn't have to prove income either. 

The 90 day report is still a pain in the ass, but then I just live with it. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »

Spot on CoCo  smilenod

I personally have no issues with being legit as I don't think the requirements are that onerous either.  A little up front planning can go a long way.  And if there is income problems an embassy income verification may be way to go.  I got one from the US Embassy and didn't have to show anything, and I know a Brit that got one from the UK Embassy and he said he didn't have to prove income either. 

The 90 day report is still a pain in the ass, but then I just live with it.
Couple years back the US Consulate in Chiang Mai was requiring you to show proof of income to getting this affidavit. Chiang Mai Immigration was also requiring all US citizens to show proof along with the letter. This has  been stopped. Don't be surprised to see this reinstated.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie