{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: visa extension and address  (Read 39535 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: visa extension and address
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 12:10:37 PM »
Correct i changed my tourist triple entry visa to a non o 90 day visa in bkk in june and was told to apply for 12 month extension 30 days before t expired
i have been here since february the 15th this year

Visa status and extension status has no bearing on 90 day reports. Your last entry date is the starting point. You need to do a 90 day report within 90 days of that date. Your visa is valid until 8th September. That is leave or report date. You are not leaving as you have an extension under consideration so you should report.

I still think it would be wise to contact KC immigration or the English speaking hotline to check. There is a 2000 baht fine for not reporting.

That date of September 8 is a report back to KCI to receive his final permission of extension to stay for marriage it is not in itself a leave Thailand date. If there was a hold up of issuing Ban his extension immigration would issue him a further extension of consideration report date. I have seen this happen but normally  at KCI and Korat the approval only takes  2 weeks. Also when Ban returns to KCI thay take this as a resorting and you do not adhere to the normal 90 day rule until the final extension is in his passport. Now if Ban does not show up at KCI by Sept 8 and goes over that date then he has a big  problem. Lose his application and becomes an overstayor. Overstay is 500 bt per day fine up to 20k max fine
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:17:16 PM by gotlost »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
Correct i changed my tourist triple entry visa to a non o 90 day visa in bkk in june and was told to apply for 12 month extension 30 days before t expired
i have been here since february the 15th this year

Visa status and extension status has no bearing on 90 day reports. Your last entry date is the starting point. You need to do a 90 day report within 90 days of that date. Your visa is valid until 8th September. That is leave or report date. You are not leaving as you have an extension under consideration so you should report.

I still think it would be wise to contact KC immigration or the English speaking hotline to check. There is a 2000 baht fine for not reporting.

Steve, if there is a valid visa surely there is no option to report - only to leave.

I believe in this case ban is covered by the under consideration stamp (to 8th October) which will now supercede any visa or visa entry.

I have to think that he will be called back well before then and his extension will run from 8th September ? Would that not mean that his first report is due early December ?  party13
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:37:25 PM by CO-CO »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 12:33:26 PM »
It is my understanding that Ban is under consideration until 8th October.

The visa becomes invalid on 8th September. That would usually be the leave date. If the under consideration date was 8th September then he would receive his extension on that date AND would do his first 90 day report.

His under consideration date pushes him past living here for ninety days. Why would that exempt him from reporting?

Every ninety days there are to options. Leave Thailand or report to Immigration.

Like I said, it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:42 PM »

The visa becomes invalid on 8th September. That would usually be the leave date. If the under consideration date was 8th September then he would receive his extension on that date AND would do his first 90 day report.

His under consideration date pushes him past living here for ninety days. Why would that exempt him from reporting?

Every ninety days there are to options. Leave Thailand or report to Immigration.

Agree - there is nothing to be lost by making a call.

However, I am confused by your statement that there is option to report or leave every 90 days - surely not under a Non-Imm 'O' ??

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »

Agree - there is nothing to be lost by making a call.

However, I am confused by your statement that there is option to report or leave every 90 days - surely not under a Non-Imm 'O' ??

There is not..and its a single entry 90 day O-visa.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »
What I mean is that everyone on a visa has two options. If you don't want to extend then you must leave. If you extend then you must report. When you make that extension you will then make your first 90 day report also.

The confusing point in this scenario is that Ban appears to have been given 60 days consideration. That means that is extension date is 120 days after his last entry.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 01:12:16 PM »
What I mean is that everyone on a visa has two options. If you don't want to extend then you must leave. If you extend then you must report. When you make that extension you will then make your first 90 day report also.

The confusing point in this scenario is that Ban appears to have been given 60 days consideration. That means that is extension date is 120 days after his last entry.

The only confusing is with you..Go back an re read my post. THERE  NEVER WAS  A 60 DAY EXTENSION GIVEN. NO SUCH ANIMAL FOR THIS..

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
I really hope this doesn't turn into a pissing contest because I find the information from all parties most useful.

I still think with ban that (for whatever reason he was stamped for consideration until 8th October) the reality will see him called back later this month and will be given a 12 month extension from 8th September (the expiry date of his single entry visa).

His NEXT report date will be around 6th December.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
I really hope this doesn't turn into a pissing contest because I find the information from all parties most useful.

I still think with ban that (for whatever reason he was stamped for consideration until 8th October) the reality will see him called back later this month and will be given a 12 month extension from 8th September (the expiry date of his single entry visa).

Your correct on the extension taking affect from approximately September 8 but what you don't get is he is still on his O-visa until Sept 8 and they will not be interviewed  until he is under the 30 day consideration time frame.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Even with you knuckle heads when its Leo..

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
I personally expect a phone call later this month asking me to visit immigration prior to my original Non o expiry date but i am relatively confident in the wording on my stamp in my passport that gives me under consideration until the begining of October and indeed is the last stamp in my passport hence automatically supercedes all previous stamps
I believe that they have just given 30 days under consideration on top of my original date and the immigration officers final words were please come back about 2 days before the 8th of october
Thanks for all the input i hope it will be useful to others later

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »

Your correct on the extension taking affect from approximately September 8 but what you don't get is he is still on his O-visa until Sept 8 and they will not be interviewed  until he is under the 30 day consideration time frame.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Even with you knuckle heads when its Leo..

I'm clear.....

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
I personally expect a phone call later this month asking me to visit immigration prior to my original Non o expiry date but i am relatively confident in the wording on my stamp in my passport that gives me under consideration until the begining of October and indeed is the last stamp in my passport hence automatically supercedes all previous stamps
I believe that they have just given 30 days under consideration on top of my original date and the immigration officers final words were please come back about 2 days before the 8th of october
Thanks for all the input i hope it will be useful to others later

Thanks Ban. I take back everything I said about you. :D You do learn and pick up quite quick. party4

PS you will not visit them THEY will visit you. swordfight
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:36:45 PM by gotlost »

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2013, 06:03:30 PM »
they definetly said i need to come see them but i am expecting a call to arrange a home visit and interview anyway

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »
they definetly said i need to come see them but i am expecting a call to arrange a home visit and interview anyway

That's true. I did not clarify myself. After they come see you give them two weeks then have your wife call them they should have the approval and you can go back to KCI early.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 04:35:57 AM »

The only confusing is with you..Go back an re read my post. THERE  NEVER WAS  A 60 DAY EXTENSION GIVEN. NO SUCH ANIMAL FOR THIS..

No confusion and no pissing contest. I only say what I see.

How many days are there between 8th August and 8th October?

We have all agreed that an under consideration stamp supersedes all others. So in reality Ban is no longer on a visa. His stamp of 8th September has been superseded. He is now here under consideration. Isn't he?

Ban has confirmed the stamp says "under consideration. Come back on 8th October". Not an extension, as I said no such thing, but a consideration. Isn't that correct?

If Ban is to be called back prior to 8th September then the stamp for 8th October must be a mistake, mustn't it?

I have helped many people with issues like this and I have never seen anyone with an extra 30 days. Only ever seen 30 days from date of visit to immigration.

I do hope that capitalisation was a mistake, Especially as you misquoted me.

Thanks

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM