{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: visa extension and address  (Read 39549 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: visa extension and address
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
90 day report is irrelevant to me at the moment as i only have  a 90 day non o hence my visa will expire  at the begining of september (which is when my 90 day report would be due ) i will be expecting my first ninety day report to be around about the 9th of november assuming i am granted my 12 month extension that is

If you wait till October 8 to receive your extension your 90 day report date will be around January 7 2014.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
Did you not change a tourist visa to a Non O?

How long have you officially been in the country?

If you were admitted on 8th June then you are due a 90 day report in September.

Still no reasoning as to why KC have given you 60 days consideration. A consideration stamp supersedes all others, as confirmed by Gotlost.  It is not consecutive.The fact that the guy in front of you had not seasoned his money, immigration will normally stamp you for 60 days to allow time, sounds a bit coincidental to me.

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »
Correct i changed my tourist triple entry visa to a non o 90 day visa in bkk in june and was told to apply for 12 month extension 30 days before t expired
i have been here since february the 15th this year

Offline ban1216

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »
Also it was the guy next to me so i assume that they maybe used a different stamp but he was given his extension even without seasoning as his thai wife discussed it with the officials and he got the nod and was sent away a happy chappy

Offline ban1216

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
I stand corrected yes it will be around the begining of january i will be reporting

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
Im sorry i wasnt clear my Non O from bkk was collected by myself on the 22nd of june but they stamped my passport as admitted on the 8th of june thaat should set the dates straight lol

MINOR DETAIL.. buttslap

On the question of dates, can we hypothesise a bit further:-

I have a Non-Imm 'O' multiple entry valid to 5 July 2014.

I am considering this time round getting an extension.

If I go to Cambodia and return on, say, 5th July 2014 I will get permission to stay until around 3rd October.

Am I right in assuming that as long as I apply for the extension by, say, 3rd September everything should be kosher ?

That way I get 15 months on my Non-Imm 'O' before having to have the extension in place (16 months if I can get a 60 day consideration like ban1216  :)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Im sorry i wasnt clear my Non O from bkk was collected by myself on the 22nd of june but they stamped my passport as admitted on the 8th of june thaat should set the dates straight lol

MINOR DETAIL.. buttslap

Yes but you or Ban did not or get a 60 day exstention only a 30 day under consideration which is part of your marriage exstention.

I am considering this time round getting an extension.

If I go to Cambodia and return on, say, 5th July 2014 I will get permission to stay until around 3rd October.

Am I right in assuming that as long as I apply for the extension by, say, 3rd September everything should be kosher ?

That way I get 15 months on my Non-Imm 'O' before having to have the extension in place (16 months if I can get a 60 day consideration like ban1216  :)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
GL - can you have a go at answering my question as well.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »
The only Kosher thing I have seen in Thailand was the dill pickles I bought at Bangkok last Year. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
From CO-CO

"I am considering this time round getting an extension.

That way I get 15 months on my Non-Imm 'O' before having to have the extension in place (16 months if I can get a 60 day consideration like ban1216  :)"

This is from personal experience dealing with Korat and KCI. You have an O-Multi and the enter by date of July 5, 2014. An O-Multi is good for 12 months but if you exit the country on July 4 and return no later than July 5 you will be given another 90 days which takes you to 15 months.This makes your O-M good till approximately October 4, 2014. 30 days before the end, September 4, you can apply for an extension to stay based on marriage. After presenting all need paper work and wife they will put a stamp in your passport about 2 inchs long and 1 inch tall thats says THAI WIFE, a date that will be approximately November 4 and there will be a special id number by hand on this stamp. When you leave immigration until October 4 you are still on the O-M.  On October 5 you are not on a visa but are under the 30 day under consideration rule.Immigration will call your wife not you to set up the interview. After the interview paper work will go to BK. After about 2 weeks have your wife give immigration a call on the status. Remember that handwritten number she will need it. I got my approval back in two weeks. Now you can go get your final. Regardless if 2 weeks or 30 days your 12 month or 1 year extension for marriage starts on October 4 and the permission to stay date will be approximately October 4 2015. As I have laid out nowhere are you getting a 60 day extension.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 09:06:25 PM »
From CO-CO

"I am considering this time round getting an extension.

That way I get 15 months on my Non-Imm 'O' before having to have the extension in place (16 months if I can get a 60 day consideration like ban1216  :)"

This is from personal experience dealing with Korat and KCI. You have an O-Multi and the enter by date of July 5, 2014. An O-Multi is good for 12 months but if you exit the country on July 4 and return no later than July 5 you will be given another 90 days which takes you to 15 months.This makes your O-M good till approximately October 4, 2014. 30 days before the end, September 4, you can apply for an extension to stay based on marriage. After presenting all need paper work and wife they will put a stamp in your passport about 2 inchs long and 1 inch tall thats says THAI WIFE, a date that will be approximately November 4 and there will be a special id number by hand on this stamp. When you leave immigration until October 4 you are still on the O-M.  On October 5 you are not on a visa but are under the 30 day under consideration rule.Immigration will call your wife not you to set up the interview. After the interview paper work will go to BK. After about 2 weeks have your wife give immigration a call on the status. Remember that handwritten number she will need it. I got my approval back in two weeks. Now you can go get your final. Regardless if 2 weeks or 30 days your 12 month or 1 year extension for marriage starts on October 4 and the permission to stay date will be approximately October 4 2015. As I have laid out nowhere are you getting a 60 day extension.

Yep, got it. Thank you very much.

Just another little what if:-

So I enter on 5th July (getting 90 days) and visit Kap Choeng on 4th September (getting a 30day consideration stamp).

What if I need to go to Cambodia on, say, 10th to 14th September - do I need a re-entry permit because I have permission to stay but no visa.......

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
Sorry went back and re read your time frame.  Yes would need a single entry.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:48:25 PM by gotlost »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »

GL - do you mean single re-entry

Just want to make sure we are talking the same language.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »

GL - do you mean single re-entry

Just want to make sure we are talking the same language.

YES..

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
Correct i changed my tourist triple entry visa to a non o 90 day visa in bkk in june and was told to apply for 12 month extension 30 days before t expired
i have been here since february the 15th this year

Visa status and extension status has no bearing on 90 day reports. Your last entry date is the starting point. You need to do a 90 day report within 90 days of that date. Your visa is valid until 8th September. That is leave or report date. You are not leaving as you have an extension under consideration so you should report.

I still think it would be wise to contact KC immigration or the English speaking hotline to check. There is a 2000 baht fine for not reporting.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie