{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: visa extension and address  (Read 39618 times)

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
visa extension and address
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »
i am preparing to go to get my first 12 month extension of stay on my non o visa and have a question regarding proof of address
previously i have shown my wifes house at the village as my home address but i now reside in our salon in lahan sai ,
as this is rented i dont have any blue book or anything to show that i reside there but i am concerned that should the powers that be decide to come visit me on my application they will go to the village and i wont be there
Do i just show the address for the salon as my residence and show pictures of myself and my wife residing there ??
thanks for any advice (or piss taking )offered :)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: visa extension and address
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
i am preparing to go to get my first 12 month extension of stay on my non o visa and have a question regarding proof of address
previously i have shown my wifes house at the village as my home address but i now reside in our salon in lahan sai ,
as this is rented i dont have any blue book or anything to show that i reside there but i am concerned that should the powers that be decide to come visit me on my application they will go to the village and i wont be there.
Do i just show the address for the salon as my residence and show pictures of myself and my wife residing there ??

Use your wife's village address not the salon. They will call (your wife) before cumming out. This should give you time to get your stinky back there. Our address for extension and reporting is my wife's home about 3 km from M&D this is where KCI did the interview even tho we live at the shop. No problem. BTW they normally only come out for the first marriage extension.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
as this is rented i dont have any blue book or anything to show that i reside there but i am concerned that should the powers that be decide to come visit me on my application they will go to the village and i wont be there.

Use your wife's village address not the salon. They will call (your wife) before cumming out. This should give you time to get your stinky back there. Our address for extension and reporting is my wife's home about 3 km from M&D this is where KCI did the interview even tho we live at the shop. No problem. BTW they normally only come out for the first marriage extension.

Agreed. Why complicate matters as long as you can show your face in the village still (Joke) !

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
Ok fair enough i just didnt want em turning up and finding the mother in law sat there who would promptly drop me right in the shit by saying WHO nobody lives here by that name lol :) :)

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
Just to be sure, 12 month stay on Non O visa, but must report every 90 days? 

chokchai

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
1 year non tourist means a trip to the border every 90 days

Offline Somnat

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »
Just to be sure, 12 month stay on Non O visa, but must report every 90 days? 

NO !!!

Once you extend your Non O VISA by reason of Marriage or Retirement THEN you can remain in country reporting your address each 90 days for 1 year.

If you go outside the country for any reason, the 90 day "clock" starts again on your first day back. You must get a Re-Entry permit prior to travel to keep your Extension alive.

If you arrive here with a MULTI ENTRY NON O visa the you can come and go as you please. NO address reporting but each stay has a 3 month limit. If you were to go outside of the country in the last couple of days of the visa and return prior to the "use by" date, you will get 90 more days. Effectively giving you 15 months stay.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
So I am in USA and still married to TW, and plan on coming to lOS with visa obtained here, non O based on marriage, then in 90 days I will need to report to closest immigration office for reporting?  Then every 90 days until one year up and then have to do Non O again?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Ok fair enough i just didnt want em turning up and finding the mother in law sat there who would promptly drop me right in the shit by saying WHO nobody lives here by that name lol :) :)

My Brit Buddy just had immigration (from Korat) come check him out.  There were 4 agents.  My buddy said when he began talking to them (one spoke excellent English) my buddy said something like "You can check with the neighbors."  The agent said "We already did."   

So they will probably ask around before they talk to you. 

Offline Somnat

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »
Yes you will get a VISA in USA. Up to you if you get a SINGLE or MULTIPLE entry.

You DO NOT report to Immigration each 90 days if you are here on a VISA.

If your intention is to STAY in Thailand for a long time then you need to EXTEND that NON O VISA into a Marriage or Retirement EXTENSION. When you are granted that EXTENSION then you report your address to immigration each 90 days.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
So I am in USA and still married to TW, and plan on coming to lOS with visa obtained here, non O based on marriage, then in 90 days I will need to report to closest immigration office for reporting?  Then every 90 days until one year up and then have to do Non O again?

Above is a NO.

You can get an O visa based on marriage good for a single entry of 90 days. On day 60 you go to your closest immigration office with all needed paperwork and wife to apply for extension to stay based on marriage. The thirty day under consideration after your immigration says OK to your paperwork will start at the ended of your original O-visa of 90 days. This 30 days time is when immigration will come to your home. After your application is approve you go back to Immigration and you will receive an extension to stay based on marriage (very large stamp) which coincides with the end date of your original 90 day O visa. At this time you are not on an O visa but an extension to stay based on marriage. Your 90 day reporting will commence from this date an a notice of your next 90 day report will be   your passport. If you want and can get an O-Multi based on marriage these are good for 15 months and your conversion would be done on month 14 of the visa. This kind of visa you will need to do a boarder hop every 90 days (leave the country) you are not reporting.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 02:49:01 AM »
Thanks all.  I will print this and keep in my BE helpful hints notebook.  I do appreciate the help.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
Thanks all.  I will print this and keep in my BE helpful hints notebook.  I do appreciate the help.
Have you coughed up for another truck yet??

Offline erik69

• Contributor with future
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 12:13:12 PM »

I disagree,why would you want to lie to the immigration about where you live.Your wife can ask the owner of the Salon for a photocopy of the Blue -House book and tell the immigration your Wife rents the Salon and you live there too.( I assume she has a rental agreement ? )
There is nothing wrong in living in rented accommodation but the Immigration Office take a dim view at being lied too.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »

I disagree,why would you want to lie to the immigration about where you live.Your wife can ask the owner of the Salon for a photocopy of the Blue -House book and tell the immigration your Wife rents the Salon and you live there too.( I assume she has a rental agreement ? )
There is nothing wrong in living in rented accommodation but the Immigration Office take a dim view at being lied too.

That way you will also required a signed rental agreement. You will also have to prove that the owner of the property informed the authorities that they have a foreigner living in their property.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie