{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: re roofing  (Read 37131 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: re roofing
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
If you purchase your roofing materials from IQ in Buriram, I'm sure they could release 150 staff to give you a hand !!

Has anyone seen any store ANYWHERE with more staff just hanging around   ??

Certainly cannot grizzle about the lack of service !!

Thai Wasadu.

Agree - but there, they vanish when you actually need some assistance.

I liked the approach of one Farang who allegedly walked in said "I would like some assistance - who can  speak English? ".

The 20 hovering staff disappeared in a flash...

Another thing; if the staff arrived 2 to a motorcy they would haveroom for 50 more cars to park.

?... AND ANOTHER THING; Does no one have the wit to construct toilets INSIDE the building - or at least closer the entrance.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »
I agree Starman ... Thai Wasadu is definately up there as a candidate !!  One of the staff said hello to me using my first name yesterday ???    WTF ???  It blew me away, and surprised me bigtime. Probably one of "the family" that I've yet to identify.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:13 PM »
If you purchase your roofing materials from IQ in Buriram, I'm sure they could release 150 staff to give you a hand !!

Too many staff is the reason the shop is empty. IQ, Thai Watsadu and Home Pro all have too many who pounce on you at every turn, asking what you want. I, and I know many others too, just turn round and head for the exit.

Doesn't  anyone in these shops understand the customer just wants to browse, and will approach the staff if need be.? Obviously not!

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 04:10:47 AM »
Its the Thai way. If you want to get rid of them send them off looking for sledge hammer handles. How can all the shops sell hammer heads and no handles?

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »
or hammers and no nails... getting better now, I found a few things in IQ I couldn't find elsewhere, but  I really prefer browsing the stuff myself, I know exactly what I want and the stalker behind me has no idea what is in stock, where it is or what it can be used for.

On the whole the small local Chinese shops seem to have more useful stuff and advice.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »

Thai Wasadu.

Agree - but there, they vanish when you actually need some assistance.

I liked the approach of one Farang who allegedly walked in said "I would like some assistance - who can  speak English? ".

The 20 hovering staff disappeared in a flash...

Another thing; if the staff arrived 2 to a motorcy they would haveroom for 50 more cars to park.

?... AND ANOTHER THING; Does no one have the wit to construct toilets INSIDE the building - or at least closer the entrance.
Surely you don't still go there to chat up the Katoey & have a 'dump'

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »

Too many staff is the reason the shop is empty. IQ, Thai Watsadu and Home Pro all have too many who pounce on you at every turn, asking what you want. I, and I know many others too, just turn round and head for the exit.

Doesn't  anyone in these shops understand the customer just wants to browse, and will approach the staff if need be.? Obviously not!
BUT when you tell them what you want they don't have an effing clue 7 CALL SOMEONE ELSE WHO ALSO DOESN'T HAVE AN EFFING CLUE!!!

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
Its the Thai way. If you want to get rid of them send them off looking for sledge hammer handles. How can all the shops sell hammer heads and no handles?

Had a really good chuckle couple of days ago wandering around IQ ... it's a Bunnings thing ... Aussies will understand. Came across your pile of sledge hammer heads Alan !!

Yes ... not a single handle in site. Was very temtped to ask my "shadow" to go look for some ... but could not be bothered.

Bugger me ... 10mins later ... in a far off corner of IQ was a small quantity of handles !!  My "shadow" must have been thinking "this farang has been in the Thai sun too long ..." , as I could not contain my mirth !! Laughing at a pile of wooden handles.

They were pretty rough though, and looked like a backyard job. Not nice and pretty from some factory. Can't remember the price.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
Hi guys, went to the village a few weeks ago i held my GF hand to help her negotiate by the end she had taken over and i think did a good job total price for new bluescope steel roof, side boards all around, approx 182sq of materials, Labor, 12 month guarantee on labor, ceiling repairs (from water damage), 2x spirit houses (mum argued the poor man to give for free...she is a hard woman) 42,000THB. posting picture of 1/2 completion.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:16 AM »
Sorry 57,000THB...lol buttslap

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
Finished...i don't think i paid too much...i'm happy anyway...looking forward to February in the village...thanks to all those who put in helpful comments. thumbup

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
Looks good Speros.

Your original post just said re-roofing with cement sheets - hence our concern at the cost.

In the end you have a superior roofing material + all the extra roofing bits to go with it.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »
thanks Nick, yes it originally was going to be cement sheeting...when i got there i saw the Bluescope sheets (BHP company, yes i'm an Aussie)...i like a tin roof...my GF is a nice girl who didn't have the confidence to negotiate well but with a bit of encouragement from me and her Mum..who returned to the village to keep an eye on the builders. GF has done well i think. hopefully i will spend all of February in Buriram Province and will be able to  meet some farang from this site.

Offline Murtle_71

• Contributor with future
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 08:23:19 PM »
thanks Nick, yes it originally was going to be cement sheeting...when i got there i saw the Bluescope sheets (BHP company, yes i'm an Aussie)...i like a tin roof...my GF is a nice girl who didn't have the confidence to negotiate well but with a bit of encouragement from me and her Mum..who returned to the village to keep an eye on the builders. GF has done well i think. hopefully i will spend all of February in Buriram Province and will be able to  meet some farang from this site.

Bluescope (BSL)  was a BHP (BHP) owned company back when BHP was an Australian company, but not any more. It has a separate listing on the stock market

was the 57000baht including the steel. the steel is lot dearer the the tiles.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »

Bluescope (BSL)  was a BHP (BHP) owned company back when BHP was an Australian company, but not any more. It has a separate listing on the stock market

was the 57000baht including the steel. the steel is lot dearer the the tiles.
Yes mate everything included, steel, side boards around the house (flashing I think called) labor, and two spirit houses.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie