{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Royal Wedding Of Britain Prince Williams.  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Royal Wedding Of Britain Prince Williams.
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
Royal Wedding Of Britain Prince Williams.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Royal Wedding Of Britain Prince Williams.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
Thais show love of all things royal

Shoppers flock to giant screens

Published: 30/04/2011 at 12:00 AM
Bangkok Post: Newspaper section: News

A six-hour time difference and more than 9,500 kilometres separating Bangkok and London could not keep people in Thailand from enjoying the glamorous wedding of Britain's Prince William and Catherine "Kate" Middleton.

People were glued to TV sets in homes and offices to watch the live broadcast of the royal wedding which started at about 4pm Thai time.

Shopping malls pulled regular ads from ad video billboards and tuned them into local TV channels which aired the wedding ceremony live.

Hundreds of shoppers at MBK shopping mall swarmed to the giant screen on the second floor when the broadcast began. They cheered and applauded when Prince William and Kate appeared and when the couple waved to the crowds, Thai shoppers waved back.

Aukaranarakorn Tabsorn, a 31-year-old stylist, said he had waited for this day for a long time.

"I'm a big fan of the British royal family. I have closely followed news about them. Kate and Will are the perfect couple," said Mr Aukaranarakorn, who is a member of the "Love Prince William Group", which was formed by Thai Facebook users.

Watching the ceremony also gave him an opportunity to learn more about fashion design, he said.

"The guests wore luxurious and stylish costumes designed by the world's top designers. This is an eye-opening event for a stylist like me," he said.

Thanachai Meesawong, a 15-year-old Triam Udom Pattanakarn student, said he was not excited about the royal wedding. But watching the broadcast helped him learn more about British traditions.

A 19-year-old Chulalongkorn University student, Suwapat Yaibuathes, said she had only learnt yesterday morning that Prince William would marry Kate.

"I woke up this morning and heard a news anchor talking about the wedding and I thought this must be big news," she said.

The Thai government's website yesterday posted a congratulatory message from Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to the couple.

"On behalf of the Royal Thai Government and people of the Kingdom of Thailand, I wish to extend my most sincere and warmest congratulations to Your Royal Highness and the Royal Bride on the auspicious occasion of Your Royal Wedding," he wrote in the message, which was sent to London on Tuesday.

"The Government and the Thai people wish Your Royal Highness and the Royal Bride everlasting happiness."

The British Women's Group and the St George's Society held an afternoon tea and traditional British evening buffet yesterday to watch the live wedding broadcast at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel.

Melanie Treugove, from California, said she did not want to miss a chance to rejoice with like-minded people here in Bangkok. With four big screens in the room and British flags on every table, the event drew an enthusiastic crowd of 300 people of various nationalities.

Voices rose every time prominent people were seen on the screens.

"I do not want to miss anything _ when the couple is coming, the ceremony, and the wedding dress.

"Look!" Ms Treugove said while pointing at the screen showing Prince Harry. "I love him."

British national Alicia Mckenzie said her family in Britain was watching the event at the same time as she was.

"For me, it is very amazing to watch the wedding here in Bangkok.

"Besides the bride's dress, I do not want to miss what the Queen will be wearing," she said.

Wearing a little crown on his head, another British citizen, David Betts, said he was elated to view the live broadcast, which reminded him of the royal wedding between Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana which he also watched when he was 10 years old.

Australian national Allisen Brooke said it was amazing that people from around the world were watching this single event.

"Kate Middleton is a significant woman. English people have been waiting for a new princess for a long time after the death of the late Princess Diana," she said.

Thai national Apinya John said she was most impressed with the scene of the bride and groom walking into the ancient church.

"And the bride's white dress is very beautiful. It looks quite simple but full of magnificent and gorgeous details. It has an excellent cutting," Mrs Apinya said.

"If you ask me, many Thai brides will be wearing something similar to Kate's dress within a few months, it was so beautiful," enthused another fan.

"But I don't think it will cost quite the same amount of money."

-------------------------
God Save The Queen - The Royal Wedding - 29th April, 2011
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:27:04 AM by Admin »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie