{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gun Culture in USA  (Read 233919 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Gun Culture in USA
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2013, 07:30:47 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D party2 punk redman Wildman
I bet they had a massive party after you were transferred!

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »
If Trayvon had a been a white kid,Zimmerman would have been found guilty.
100%
Just like the OJ trial?
The disproportionate representation of black Americans in the U.S.
The criminal justice system is well documented.Blacks comprise 13 percent of the national population, but 30 percent of people arrested, 41 percent of people in jail,and 49 percent of those in prison.Nine percent of all black adults are under some form of correctional supervision (in jail or prison, on probation or parole), compared to two percent of white adults.

Nationwide, blacks are incarcerated at 8.2 times the rate of whites. That is, a black person is 8.2 times more likely to be in prison than a white person.
 kamoybeer

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »
100%
Just like the OJ trial?
The criminal justice system is well documented.Blacks comprise 13 percent of the national population, but 30 percent of people arrested, 41 percent of people in jail,and 49 percent of those in prison.Nine percent of all black adults are under some form of correctional supervision (in jail or prison, on probation or parole), compared to two percent of white adults.

Nationwide, blacks are incarcerated at 8.2 times the rate of whites. That is, a black person is 8.2 times more likely to be in prison than a white person.
 kamoybeer

What are you trying to say?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
The same people that cheered the OJ verdict are the same ones that are protesting the Travon verdict.  Seems quite racist to me.

This is America where the 15 blacks that worked for me got together and out of their pockets had a special coffee mug made for me when I was transferred.  I have this mug here in Thailand with me.

You must be so proud 15 of your friends that managed to scrape together enough money to buy you a SPECIAL coffee mug.
They must of thought the world of you.
hahaha hahaha  hahaha

They weren't my friends.  I was their boss, or more likely their bosses, bosses, boss.  So I was very surprised as I had been told they would hide from as I would walk through the halls.  And yes, I was pleased that they would scape together the money to have a hand made special designed ceramic mug with the unit symbol and my name on it.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
100%
Just like the OJ trial?

kamoybeer

These numbers all add up to ......Black people are criminals :o :o :o ohmybar

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #350 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D party2 punk redman Wildman
I bet they had a massive party after you were transferred!

I would have thought so, I was old crusty Army with over 24 years in at the time.  So when I got to the next unit I was litterally and figuratively the old man. 

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #351 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
The same people that cheered the OJ verdict are the same ones that are protesting the Travon verdict.  Seems quite racist to me.

This is America where the 15 blacks that worked for me got together and out of their pockets had a special coffee mug made for me when I was transferred.  I have this mug here in Thailand with me.

You must be so proud 15 of your friends that managed to scrape together enough money to buy you a SPECIAL coffee mug.
hahaha hahaha  hahaha

They weren't my friends.  I was their boss, or more likely their bosses, bosses, boss.  So I was very surprised as I had been told they would hide from as I would walk through the halls.  And yes, I was pleased that they would scape together the money to have a hand made special designed ceramic mug with the unit symbol and my name on it.

Roots the TV miniseries comes to mind.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #352 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »
100%
Just like the OJ trial?

kamoybeer

hahaha hahaha
So are Australians if my memory serves me correct.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:49:00 AM by Antonio »

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #353 on: July 26, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »

hahaha hahaha  hahaha

Do you think they were trying to tell you something because they bought you a MUG.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #354 on: July 26, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
100%
Just like the OJ trial?

kamoybeer

hahaha hahaha
So are Australians if my memory serves me correct.
Since Australia was a colony, and was not federated till 1901 the convict nation was British  punk, sorry the use of simple sarcasm was wasted wackobar

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »
So now this thread has turned into a discrimination thread instead of a thread about gun control.

May I hypothosise???  Thankyou.

Discrimination is rife all around the world always has been and always will be.

Some simple examples appear on this thread. Talk about Hispanic v black, Black v White, ect....... . Even an innocuous post from on poster had racist tones about it.

Say for example someone said that "some employees of mine got together and bought me a mug". Responses may well be a sarcastic "you must have been very proud" Would you feel proud?

Lets change the sentence to " some black workers of mine got together and bought me a mug". Is this discriminative?? Yes it is. It has tones of " my black workers, that earn far less than me, bought a token of their appreciation. It wasn't much but that is all that they can afford". In this case would being proud be the correct feeling to have? Are you proud because of the class of people that bought you the gift? Racist pride?

Figures have been posted about percentages of people in prison. The reply, possibly tongue in cheek, was of discrimination. I must ask, though, are blacks 8.2 times more likely to commit a crime? If they are then is this because of geo-demographic discrimination? What about other ethic groups?

If we are led to believe all the talk that police, courts, judges and juries make decisions on race then how would white on white, black on black, hispanic on hispanic or Thai on Thai crime be solved?

Are there certain ethnic groups that should have special treatment? Let me give you an example:

There is a job vacancy. The Director of company puts out an advert. There are 4 applicants. They all fit the specs perfectly. They are all qualified, have the relavant experience and the director is sure they will all do a good job. One is a white male, one is a white female, one is a white gay male, and one is a black female.There is a problem. Personnel figures at the company show that certain ratios are not being met. Civil rights groups are having a go. There are not enough black workers in this company. Gay activists have pointed at the lack of gay employees and women's rights have noted the lack of female workers. Who gets the job? Well it looks like the straight white male is out of luck. Is that discrimination??? Yes it is. Laws have simply taken the emphasis of descrimination from the minorities to the majority. By saying that a certain class, race or even religion has to be employed is taking away from the others.

Discrimination is bollocks which ever way you look at it. Anyone who reads this that feels they have never been discriminated against can feel very lucky. Civil rights movements, changes to amendments, new bylaws, courts or even expat forums are never going to sort out the problem. It is up to each and every individual to start at their own grass roots level and start to get rid of this cancer of "humanity".

I wish I still smoked. I fancy a cigarette now!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:20:50 AM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

hahaha hahaha hahaha

Do you think they were trying to tell you something because they bought you a MUG.

Absolutely.  My bosses had a going away luncheon for me.  Afterwards these 15 guys got me off to the side, all thanked me for being there, each shook my hand, said they hoped I could return after my new assignment, and then as a group saluted me.  The strange part was I did nothing special for them, I treated everyone the same, but this included making sure the men got their education and met promotion requirements, I forced them to better themselves (I had personally counseled each and every one questioning them on what they had accomplished and told them what they needed to do), as such they had earned promotions.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #357 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »

hahaha hahaha  hahaha

This maybe of some help to you Speros.

Proud to be an Australian.

Australia day campaign 2013. hahaha hahaha

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »
Star,

Walter Williams has some excellent articles, this is on discrimination:

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2006/09/06/whats_discrimination/page/full

What's discrimination?

Walter E. Williams | Sep 06, 2006

There's so much confusion and emotionalism about discrimination that I thought I'd take a stab at a dispassionate analysis. Discrimination is simply the act of choice. When we choose Bordeaux wine, we discriminate against Burgundy wine. When I married Mrs. Williams, I discriminated against other women. Even though I occasionally think about equal opportunity, Mrs. Williams demands continued discrimination.

You say, "Williams, such discrimination doesn't harm anyone." You're wrong. Discriminating in favor of Bordeaux wine reduces the value of resources held in Burgundy production. Discriminating in favor of Mrs. Williams harmed other women by reducing their opportunity set, assuming I'm a man other women would marry.

Our lives are spent discriminating for or against one thing or another. In other words, choice requires discrimination. When we modify the term with race, sex, height, weight or age, we merely specify the choice criteria.

Imagine how silly, not to mention impossible, life would be if discrimination were outlawed. Imagine engaging in just about any activity where we couldn't discriminate by race, sex, height, weight, age, mannerisms, college selection, looks or ability; it would turn into a carnival.

I've sometimes asked students if they believe in equal opportunity in employment. Invariably, they answer yes. Then I ask them, when they graduate, whether they plan to give every employer an equal opportunity to hire them. Most often they answer no; they plan to discriminate against certain employers. Then I ask them, if they're not going to give every employer an equal opportunity to hire them, what's fair about requiring an employer to give them an equal opportunity to be hired?

Sometimes students will argue that certain forms of discrimination are OK but it's racial discrimination that's truly offensive. That's when I confess my own history of racial discrimination. In the late 1950s, whilst selecting a lifelong mate, even though white, Mexican, Indian, Chinese and Japanese women might have been just as qualified as a mate, I gave them no chance whatsoever. It appears that most Americans act identically by racially discriminating in setting up marriage contracts. According to the 1992 Census Bureau, only 2.2 percent of Americans are married to people other than their own race or ethnicity.

You say, "All right, Williams, discrimination in marriage doesn't have the impact on society that other forms of discrimination have." You're wrong again. When there is assortive (non-random) mate selection, it heightens whatever group differences exist in the population. For instance, higher IQ individuals tend toward mates with high IQs. High-income people tend to mate with other high-income people.

It's the same with education. To the extent there is a racial correlation between these characteristics, racial discrimination in mate selection exaggerates the differences in the society's intelligence and income distribution. There would be greater equality if there weren't this kind of discrimination in mate selection.

In other words, if high-IQ people were forced to select low-IQ mates, high-income people forced to select low-income mates, and highly educated people forced to select lowly educated mates, there would be greater social equality. While there would be greater social equality, the divorce rate would soar since gross dissimilarities would make for conflict.

Common sense suggests that not all discrimination should be eliminated, so the question is, what kind of discrimination should be permitted? I'm guessing the answer depends on one's values for freedom of association, keeping in mind freedom of association implies freedom not to associate.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »

I wish I still smoked. I fancy a cigarette now!
Go on you know you want too. cool2.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM