{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gun Culture in USA  (Read 233858 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Gun Culture in USA
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »
This is making good reading.......Urleft you should have been a gravedigger

OK Nookie,

I am still trying to understand your post. 

What does everyone understand that I don't:

What follows is Zimmerman’s account of the screaming, written long before he knew what the eyewitnesses would report:

As I looked and tried to find my phone to dial 911 the suspect punched me in the face. I fell backwards onto my back. The suspect got on top of me. I yelled “Help” several times. The suspect told me, “Shut the f*** up.”

As I tried to sit upright, the suspect grabbed my head and slammed it into the concrete sidewalk several times. I continued to yell “Help.”

Each time I attempted to sit up, the suspect slammed my head into the sidewalk. My head felt like it was going to explode. I tried to slide out from under the suspect and continue to yell “Help.”

Witness No. 6, the best of the eyewitnesses, had talked on camera to the local TV station the day after the shooting and told the reporter what he told the Sanford PD the night before.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/no-those-are-not-trayvons-screams/#v4j03up2ffGPtDmg.99

So Nookie that knows everything. 

WTF do you and the rest know that I do not?   

From what I see of your postings, there is a stupid, racist Hispanic guy that shoots and kills a drugged up black teen as the hispanic guy's head is being pounded into the pavement. 

What am I missing?  Come on Nookie, remember I am a stupid American, I cannot understand what the rest of you smart ones see.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »
Good God Keith,,,,,,,,,,,Over a year on & by your own admission you still are unable to understand what EVERYONE else does.
I think you are in need of some serious help!.

I was surprised you weren't giving excuses for the gunmen who opened fire on The Mothers Day parade last week,or even support for the Boston Bombers!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2013, 10:34:13 AM »
Good God Keith,,,,,,,,,,,Over a year on & by your own admission you still are unable to understand what EVERYONE else does.
I think you are in need of some serious help!.

I was surprised you weren't giving excuses for the gunmen who opened fire on The Mothers Day parade last week,or even support for the Boston Bombers!

No reason to give excuses.  My guess is that these gunman had the weapons illegally. 

On the other issue my guess is that you were trying to infer racism for Zimmerman not being initially charged, but you were ignorant of the facts and cannot own up to it.  In the US, it is legal to shot the guy on top you pounding your head into the cement.  And if you can't understand that, good luck if you are ever attacked. 

BTW, do you know what seems to be the connecting factor in all theses gun killings?   

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »
From your post Keith I understand .... Ban Democrats not guns screwy

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
How about banning Democrats from owning guns? 

They are the party of Gun Control, and seem to be the party with all mass killers.   Let Dems live by the rules they want. 

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
Seung hi Chow was a Korean national, and a registered democrat ?, Keith you know my opinion, the USA is too far down the gun track to ever see the light of hope again, and I truly feel sorry for the plebs that really believe the crap that is brought out by both sides of politics in your home country. 6 degrees of seperation that divides us all.
As Woody Allen said " 67.8 of all statistics are made up"

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »
The vast majority of Americans are law abiding citizens, Democrat, Republicans, Libritains, etc.  But with a population of over 300 million there are going to nut cases. 

How do you deal with these nut cases?  I am not sure, but using these nut cases to deny me my rights is something I am against. 

What do all these killers really have in common?  They all broke the law. 

And the solutions being presented are to add more lawsn (with no removal of the laws that didn't work). If someone is going to knowingly break the law (murder someone), how will more laws prevent it?   

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
Bro, I don't know if there is an answer but the first rule of management is any decision is better than none at all, even with wrong decisions you can look at the results and move forward. The current situation doesn't seem to work... Time for a decision, a change.... Personally both parties are equal with corruption, self interest and controlled by powerful lobby groups not by the citizens, leaving only watered down legislation, producing weak or no results.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2013, 12:10:53 PM »
but we are beyond the 1st rule.  If your solution is not working, stop digging. 

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2013, 12:19:06 PM »
Watered down legislation.... Are you telling me you have true gun control legislation? Give me a break... Australia does have true, strict gun control...! I had an American lecture me on how my government took my guns from me..... I laughed and said I don't miss them, I don't feel the need for a semi auto weapon in case the zombies attack.
The USA will never have gun control while your population is run by the lobby groups....

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
Sorry yes you are beyond the first rule, time to move forward and change to a real program of gun control

Offline rufusredtail

• Reliable reporter with future.
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »

Total firearms deaths in 2010 (about 86% male).

Total gun homicides (about 70% of all the murders committed).

Gun murder rate per 100,000 population (Japan’s rate is about .01)

U.S. gun deaths per day (about 3 each hour).

Number of people aged 15 to 29 killed by violence in 2010.

Rate of African American gun murders. For blacks aged 15 to 29, it was the leading cause of death – a rate of 36.6.

The U.S. gun murder rate — which is now actually at its lowest level since the early 1980′s — is still more than double that of any other wealthy nation in the world.

Hemenway notes that a child in the U.S is about 13 times more likely to be a victim of a firearm-related homicide than children in most other industrialized nations.

Firearms were the third leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

For the sake of comparison, in 2010 there were more than twice as many firearms deaths in the U.S. than terrorism-related deaths worldwide.

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »
Hi All,seems this argument on gun control in the US has been going on forever....I think they should all be banned there,the UK doesn't have them,and they seem to manage ok....but I suppose a nutter will always find a way to kill people if they want too.Shit there is more weapons in your average kitchen that can kill people,JasonB

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
They proper way to do Gun Control in the US is to change the constitution, not incremental gun laws that conflict with the constitution. 

However, the Gun Control advocates will not be honest about what they intend and advance changes to the 2nd Admendment. 

There are an estimated 270 million privately owned guns in the US.  There are also 240 million passenger vehicles resulting in over 40,000 deaths a year which is over 3 times as many deaths, not to mention a lot more injuries. 

Looks like selective indignation. 

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
40,000 deaths a year from car accidents, and your govt finds this acceptable? People say Thailand has bad drivers WTF

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie