{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gun Culture in USA  (Read 233956 times)

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
Re: Gun Culture in USA
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
Another Crazed individual has gone postal in America. 

He attacked in a Gun Free Zone where guns are illegal.   Why did that not stop him?   

He was Goth, which is associated with the Left Wing, Democrats, and gun control (banning) party.  Why did he need a gun?   

So this happened in a gun free zone where law abiding people are disarmed, but crazed people can find defenseless targets.   

While some on this forum may consider me crazed and such, my idea of a great killing would be taking out the world's greatest sniper during a mission.  I would never consider defenseless people targets.   My hero is Carlos Heathcock, put the round through the scope.

Guns are bad news full stop. Having more guns is not an answer as it just makes the problem bigger and the chances of it happening again more likely. With gun laws so relaxed its no wonder every fruitloop can buy a gun.
The replies will come thick and fast defending easy gun ownership stateside. If American society is so paranoid that they all need guns to protect themselves from each other, why on earth do they think the rest of us have it wrong?

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »
In this case the fruitloop tried to buy a gun but could not. He took them from his mother then shot her in the face before going to the school. I agree 100% that the guns should have (and by law probably were required) to be secured (locked or in a gun safe). It is already illegal to shoot your mother in the face and to take a gun to a school. The USA has a ton of gun laws and Connecticut is not known a particularly gun owner friendly state.

In the USA responsible gun ownership is a right (not privilege) and that will not change in my lifetime. Responsible gun owners obey the laws, criminals, fruitloops, and evil people do not give two shits about obeying the laws. If guns were the problem then a state like Texas would be the murder capital of the world, but it isn't because responsible gun ownership is not the problem.

Why is it we don't hear people trying to ban cars, or alcohol every time a drunk driver kills someone with a car.   

I don't expect that I will change any ones mind on the gun issue. I have legally owned guns most of my life, they are stored in a safe, and have never been used in an illegal fashion. I own them because I enjoy shooting at the range and also in the case of self defense. I have never taken the guns out of the safe unless it is to go to the shooting range, or clean and oil them. I hope that I would never ever have to use them for any other purpose, but if it comes down to a choice between my life and the lives of my family or someone that would do harm to them, I know what choice I would make.  I at least want the option of defending myself, I know this is not the right choice for everyone.

Offline Ahab

« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2012, 02:55:58 AM »
Which provides security from fruitloops?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:57:38 AM by Ahab »

Offline Ahab

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:34 AM »
Or this?

Offline Alan

« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »
Or this?
Safe? What message of normallity does this send to these kids? Ahab you gave me all the pridictable answers I expected. So how you gunna live in Thailand without your guns?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2012, 07:26:45 AM »
Or this?
Safe? What message of normallity does this send to these kids? Ahab you gave me all the pridictable answers I expected. So how you gunna live in Thailand without your guns?
He will probably drive around in an armourplated Humbee!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »
We'll be hearing the same old dribble in a few weeks when(not if) the next 'incident' hits the news!

Offline Ahab

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
Or this?
I think it would be more normal to get used a teacher with a firearm  than to be killed by a Palestinian terrorist that would like nothing more than to get into a classroom full of Jewish school children with a gun.  Normal is being alive. Alan do you ever think that my answers were "predictable" because they were logical. I will live just fine in Thailand, my wife will have a gun and it will be kept in the house (locked in a gun safe) and just like in the USA we will hopefully and probably never have to use it. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2012, 07:58:39 AM »
Or this?
I think it would be more normal to get used a teacher with a firearm  than to be killed by a Palestinian terrorist that would like nothing more than to get into a classroom full of Jewish school children with a gun.  Normal is being alive. Alan do you ever think that my answers were "predictable" because they were logical. I will live just fine in Thailand, my wife will have a gun and it will be kept in the house (locked in a gun safe) and just like in the USA we will hopefully and probably never have to use it. 
Ahab,it's about time you started to live in the 'real world'!

Offline Ahab

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2012, 08:04:02 AM »
Or this?
Ahab,it's about time you started to live in the 'real world'!
Nookie, I am possibly one of the few people that live in the real world and not the fantasy world were the bad guy does the right thing and if not the police always show up when needed. Just saying.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Let GVT keep control of the guns: 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »
Urleft you need to have a close look at yourself,,,,,Let me give you something else to chew on....Anyone who isnt American knows why!!

Hey Nookie, I am still trying to understand why Anyone who isnt American knows why!!

From the Washington Post:

To recap Zimmerman’s case against NBC News: On the night that he shot Martin, Zimmerman called 911 and narrated his pursuit of the teenager in his gated community in Sanford, Fla. A March 27 edition of the “Today” show abridged the 911 tape, as follows:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.
Here’s what that abridgment was abridging:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/03/07/nbcs-zimmerman-response-other-media-outlets-highlighted-race/

There are follow on articles how the Procecution's star witness has been lying. 

So it is looking more and more like Zimmerman (a Hispanic) acted in self defense and some teen thug assaulted him. 

So Nookie, I still need it explained to me what you all know. 

Offline pablo

• Contributor with future
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2013, 12:44:27 AM »
^^^^^

It's looking more and more like maybe justice will prevail, in this case.

I hope he nails the "left wing liberal media's" for million$ and million$, with his libel suit!

Offline mike

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:29 AM »
A judge in the UK has recommended a reform of the gun control laws in the UK following the death of 4 people by a legally owned gun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21715622

Mike

Offline mike

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2013, 04:16:10 AM »
A judge in the UK has recommended a reform of the gun control laws in the UK following the death of 4 people by a legally owned gun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21715622

Mike

I said a "judge" and in fact it was a "coroner". My apologies.

Mike

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM