{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Why are YOU living in Buriram?  (Read 15971 times)

Offline mobiryder

Why are YOU living in Buriram?
« on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »
In this thread I'd like to see what brought you all to Buriram.  Assumedly your GF/wife is from there.  If this isn't the reason, then why?

8)

Offline Gimbo

Re: Why are YOU living in Buriram?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
Well, I would never have moved myself to Thailand at all had I not met my wife. Sure, come here for the odd holliday.

My wife do happen to be from Changwat Buriram. We are north in Amphoe Putthaisong. I gues thats the main reason for choosing to live here. Also she already had a house that just needed some finishing touches, like tiled floors, paint, a kitchen and bathroom and it would be perfectly liveable.

I do not like cities, so I doubt I would have considered Bangkok, or any other cities in Thailand, even if she had been from such a place.
That it became this Changwat is on other words a coincidence. But I would probably have chosen a rural area anyway, had I chosen on my own to move to this country.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »
The reason is only because my wife.
Otherwise I stay in my country and come to visit only (probebly pattaya and islands..hehe ;) ).
But, I truely believe that in the far future we'll see this city develope to be an attraction for not only people whome come because the wife/gf , only time will say..

??? ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:49:23 PM by admin »

Offline Buriramallstars

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:51 PM »
Been back and forth to Buriram for the last 14 to 15 years, how things have changed, you were lucky to see a ferrang in those days, mr G was about, and the odd ones in the old Embassy, Nicko etc,who are still there, the reason for myself was like the rest of you, my wife, she has lived in the UK now for 11 years and my thai stepdaughter has been here 10 years, she is just finishing private school and off to uni, we will put the youngest who is 6 in school in Buriram, so now time for mum and dad to move once Business is sold, should be sometime this year, i also am not keen on city life, ok for the odd night out to have a bender, in the UK we live in a rural part 40 miles from the nearest city, Hereford, we live in Mid Wales where there is more sheep than people, Buriram is an ideal spot for us as only 3 Kms outside city, this is where we are going to start our new venture. i will keep you all posted. there is a few members on this forum i know.

Offline pbee

• COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
I came to my then gf hometown.When I first met her 4years ago she had nothing nor did I.Now I am very lucky as my wife is comparativly rich with a new house,2rai land,3cows,1labradour,2 moterbikes,2500 fish,70 fruit trees,and a poor but happy husband. I love Thailand!!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:32:50 AM »
Happiness is everything in life.

;D

Offline farangguy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:12:23 PM »
Buriram. I just love it. small city but lately you can find almost anything you want to buy or to do if you know your way in the city. not same few years ago when u needed to buy bread only in 7eleven.and SOMETIMES (!!) "farang style bread" at v-mart.

B U R I R A M  ;D

Offline ccarbaugh

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »
My (naive) observations so far - virtually (95%)of all farangs are in Thailand for the ladies.

dave the dude

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:30 AM »
Make that 96%, ccarbaugh

Firstly, I dont live in Buriram but on the outskirts of Surin, off the road to Presart. Hope you lot dont mind neighbours posting as YOU LOT invited me and not the other way round. party3

Anyways, along with the trend I came for a holiday, met my now wife, visited area many many times, then built our home & small minimart in rural village, retired early from UK  cool1. Life is simple as me  :blink:and we are very happy. I do enjoy living near to town to get a chance to speak & eat 'English' sometimes.

I must come on down sometime and hopefully meet you guys (inc TMWG on his bike) at whatever haunt is the meeting point in Buriram.  party1

Dave

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
Hi D.t.D

Fraid you need a visa to visit Buriram blink1.... Just send me $20 and I will sort it!

TBWG sawadi

Offline Khun Tony

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »
I know this late, but better late than never.  I came to Buriram for the same reason as the other 96%, or should I say make that 97%.  I haven't regretted it yet and am looking forward to living their semi permanent in the next 3.6 to 8 years depending on the recession / depression we are currently in.

The youngest son should finish High School with in the next 3.6 years but whose counting.

Then the wife and I will be free to spend 6 months in Thailand and 6 months Aus.   I'd love to spend longer in thailand but I'm afraid that if I do the tax office may classify me as a non resident and tax me at the highest rate on any money earnt in Aus with no allowable deduction.   Currently in australia every resident who is employed generally receives a $ 6000 tax threshold before tax needs to be paid.

PolPotter

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 07:19:56 PM »
Still spend a lot of time in Bangkok but make it 98%  happy3    Girlfriend was working in the International School when I met her a while back and talked me into spending more time here ( strange lass) . Do miss the big City and go back regularly.

Offline Muzz

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »
Been married to the wife now for 10 years, living in Bangkok most of the time. Just had enough of the big mango I guess, so looking to relocate back to Buriram, but will keep in with Bangkok, as I have quiet a good circle of Expat friends here. Was in Buriram last week and it was nice to see her and the family together, hence the reunion with the old place!!

Offline Khun Tony

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 09:26:43 AM »
what happened to the history of others?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
what happened to the history of others?

There is no other's history of messeges relating to this Topic.
Maybe you're talking about another one called "Who are we?"
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,141.0.html

party13

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM