0 (0%)
Friday 19th August
3 (15%)
WEDNESDAY 20th July
11 (55%)
Any Suggestions?
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Buriram Expats Meeting.  (Read 118166 times)

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
Re: Buriram Expats Meeting.
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
So what has happened to the Buriram folk? Are they stuck to their chairs in the Bamboo?

No idea I guess that they became tired with the same same routine.Some have moved away some have passed away.I recall going to Surin (norbies) and there was only about 8 people there.ThaiVisa had a meet at Farang Connection with a guest speaker from Issan Lawyers which was well attended.Maybe a guest will bring out the missing farang?
Those of us who live in Muang Buriram can visit these places anytime we wish maybe a meeting in another town would add a spark.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »
Very good point Binnsy.

TBWG - please note!

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
Maybe there is just no demand for these type of events.

I think many expats do like to keep themselves to themselves but, largely, they are not active on Internet forums.

People generally find their own 'like-minded' company and these small groups form the fulcrum of the local bars. That is natural - it happens everywhere. The issue seems to be trying to bring individuals, and those small groups, together.

I enjoyed meeting a few new people when I attended a BE get together at the old Muang Pizza. I have also enjoyed informal evenings in Buriram and Surin.

I used to believe that everyone should make an effort to meet up together once or twice a year.  Now I am not sure.

Part of it is organisational - TBWG is very good at this. Surin Farang have proved less adept at arranging something. Maybe expats (partly by their nature) don't like being organised.

I will be there on the 20th to support the efforts of those who have tried to put something together - and, of course, to do my Care in Community bit by getting Prakhonchai Nick out for the day !

den Buut

« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
Nick, 90% if the farangs are NOT allowed to mingle from their wives ... two weeks ago, I was walking over the saterdayafternoon talaatnat together with english Terry and when I approached a tall farang I had never seen before his response was : "leave me alone !"
The bloke had a nordic/german accent. Here in Lahansai there must around 80 registered farang and we hardly see more than 10 at the market where we sit together for a beer ...
Anyway I don''t care, experience has shown me that 90% of the farangcommunity is best left alone ...

I always thought it was normal to greet fellow-falang on markets or in shops, but I noticed many don't even look at you or even turn their heads, I thougt they suffered of a social disturbance, but maybe what you say is true.  I knew  it's not beceause of me, but of them. sawadi

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
When you go out and about in  buriramsmiley at night you tend to see the same people.
However if you are dragged around BigC etc during daylight hours you see triple the amount of farangs and the million dollar question is where are they at night?
Maybe they do not come into town as they might get pulled over by the BIB and don't fancy making a donation?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »

I will be there on the 20th to support the efforts of those who have tried to put something together - and, of course, to do my Care in Community bit by getting Prakhonchai Nick out for the day !

CoCo might get me out and about, but the roles will undoubtedly be reversed. when it is me that has to lead him back at night to his hotel room in a state of total innebriation   rolleyesbar tonguebar2 party9 alcoholic

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »

CoCo might get me out and about, but the roles will undoubtedly be reversed. when it is me that has to lead him back at night to his hotel room in a state of total innebriation   rolleyesbar tonguebar2 party9 alcoholic

Inebriation ?

chai mai ?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
To facilitate all these meetings between those desperate to meet fellow members unknown to them, would BRE Admin consider making available name badges.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
Very good point Binnsy.

TBWG - please note!

Well folks it is getting nearer BE day, and I trust you are all positively wetting yourselves in excited anticipation! bananadance bananadance bananadance

If previous meetings are anything to go by more people seem to attend on the day and generally have a good time. party4

When Siebe had his opening day there must have been best part of 100 people there mostly farangs and all had a great time, so I still feel there is plenty of potential for meetings if only we can reach these people.  brick1 But at the moment maybe a lot are back in their home countries, me included.

Having said that after trying to arrange these do's I vow each time never to do it again because of all the grief I get! However a guest speaker and/or an out of town meet sounds good if someone wants to take up the challenge.

Anyway, enjoy the 20th! and it's good to see a lot of posts in the thread!

TBWG Hon Soc Sec (unpaid) retired!  sawadi burirampea

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2011, 05:58:25 PM »

When Siebe had his opening day there must have been best part of 100 people there mostly farangs and all had a great time, so I still feel there is plenty of potential for meetings if only we can reach these people.  brick1

I would imagine "balloon chasing syndrome" was the main reason for such a large turnout at Siebe's opening party

Unfortunately word of the event failed to reach Prakhonchai and beyond..

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »

When Siebe had his opening day there must have been best part of 100 people there mostly farangs and all had a great time, so I still feel there is plenty of potential for meetings if only we can reach these people.  brick1

I would imagine "balloon chasing syndrome" was the main reason for such a large turnout at Siebe's opening party

Unfortunately word of the event failed to reach Prakhonchai and beyond..

Hi PN

I think the main reason there was a good turnout at Siebes is that it was FREE! rolleyesbar

TBWG sawadi burirampea

Offline Beer Leo

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
To facilitate all these meetings between those desperate to meet fellow members unknown to them, would BRE Admin consider making available name badges.
Ha ha ha ha ha :D burirampea

Offline pfbrown

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »
I will be attending from Buriram Town

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »
Hi Bums

Well only 4 days to go to the big Extravaganza alcoholic  I trust you are all working yourselves up into a frenzied atate of excitement in anticipation.

Not long to contain yourselves. bananadance slapfight bananadance slapfight chairhit

TBWG Hon Soc Sec (unpaid)  sawadi burirampea burirampea burirampea

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2011, 08:03:58 PM »
Hi Bums

Not long to contain yourselves. bananadance slapfight bananadance slapfight chairhit

It's hard !

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM