{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Paddys bar.Roast dinners every day.beef stew and dumplings.  (Read 25586 times)

Dave the Dude

Re: Paddys bar.Roast dinners every day.beef stew and dumplings.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »
So admin delete negative posts re Paddys and positive posts re the good bars        sorry the sponsors :-)

Explain

Post already copied as were the previous?

What didnt you like about Paddys, Mr Joey ?

Reminds me of one of those wannabe Irish pubs you see in London. No atmosphere. Is ok for a quick brew but a real disappointment to what was expecting.

Of course its one of those wannabe Irish pubs.  Can it be anything else by vertue of the fact that it is not in Ireland ?
Any, I'm Irish and I when I'm in Buriram I go there for pints.  I dont care what it looks like inside.  The food is good, beer is cheap and I actually found the lads inside to be great Craic.  Brian has the same dry subtle sence of humour as most paddies, so maybe it just went over your head ? or you picked a quiet day. So all in all I enjoyed it . . . . Slan.

I agree!
Maybe its the case of one man see's a pint half full and another see's it as half empty.
You should be grateful for small mercies(No disrespect intended on Brian).
I am grateful for any poor soul who has to battle his way through the Thai senseless bureaucracy and bullsh!t to start a business here.
Dead bugs and rice does get a bit monotonous after a time, you know!

Dave

Offline Joey

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 08:37:31 AM »
Don't know the 'owner' but he certainly didn't start the business. Was another guy there who did as used to get into the Vinyl cafe a fair bit and popped by  odd time

Am also from Ireland btw but doesn't make that place a great Irish pub- sorry. How someones dry Irish sense of humour apparently goes over my head is beyond me but obviously you know better.  Is like a Last of The Summer Wine convention. If that's great craic then you should venture out more  loco

Like I said a quick pint is ok but having to listen to some of the garbage some of the regulars talk is too much. Seems to be the norm with some folk in town.

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
Brian is the owner there now, but it was started by a different guy Oliver (from Sligo I think).  You obviously didn't pick up on the fact that my 'over your head' comment was meant tongue in check..... sarcastic like !  loco  fastclapping
You're never going to get the same atmosphere there as an Irish pub in Ireland, coz it's not in ireland and its not full of irish people (and polish bar staff) !  I don't understand why you are so down on the customers in there, as I said before you might have picked a bad day.  The very first time I was in there (after Brian took over) I was invited out for a game of golf with three of the lads, they tried to recruit me into the Buriram Pea fan club and I met the most republican-minded Londoner I ever met he knew much more about bobby sands than I did.  We got pissed, swapped a few (of the usual stereotypical) irish jokes and had a few more cheap pints.  All in all pretty enjoyable time.   Maybe you should give it another go, seriously I though it was a fine place.  Ok, I get ya about the Last of the Summer Wine bit, I'm only just past thirty myself, but Its Thailand, what d'ya expect.  people retire here, and given the state of Ireland these days if I could I would f@#k off over there in the morning.   smilenod  But the banks have fucked that up for me too  brick1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
Brian is the owner there now, but it was started by a different guy Oliver (from Sligo I think).  You obviously didn't pick up on the fact that my 'over your head' comment was meant tongue in check..... sarcastic like !  loco  fastclapping
You're never going to get the same atmosphere there as an Irish pub in Ireland, coz it's not in ireland and its not full of irish people (and polish bar staff) !  I don't understand why you are so down on the customers in there, as I said before you might have picked a bad day.  The very first time I was in there (after Brian took over) I was invited out for a game of golf with three of the lads, they tried to recruit me into the Buriram Pea fan club and I met the most republican-minded Londoner I ever met he knew much more about bobby sands than I did.  We got pissed, swapped a few (of the usual stereotypical) irish jokes and had a few more cheap pints.  All in all pretty enjoyable time.   Maybe you should give it another go, seriously I though it was a fine place.  Ok, I get ya about the Last of the Summer Wine bit, I'm only just past thirty myself, but Its Thailand, what d'ya expect.  people retire here, and given the state of Ireland these days if I could I would f@#k off over there in the morning.   smilenod  But the banks have fucked that up for me too  brick1

Not  nit picking but in view of recent circumstances think a bit of clarification is needed re previous owner.

As far as I am aware Oliver was the owner of Vinyl the french restaurant just down the block. Which is now no more.

Unfortunately the previous owner and builder of Paddy's Irish Bar, Aidan, was killed in an accident recently and in fact his funeral was earlier this week.  RIP.

I am not sure of the exact details of the accident.

TBWG sawadi

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »
i wasn't that sure on his name ... I might have gotten the names mixed up. 
Sorry to hear about Aidan though, thats very Sad.
RIP.

Offline Joey

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 04:58:58 PM »

FFS and you yap about things over your head.? Unbelievable.

I really don't know what to say

Offline Joey

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »
You see you failed to grasp a simple point. A converstaion re Roibeárd Gearóid Ó Seachnasaigh in a bar in Buriram in the first place. Bobby Sands for the un-educated which seems to be the majority on here. Why would anyone even discuss that? Next time it  was the Royal family then Glasgow Celtic are all scum etc in bloody Buriram. Give it another go????   I'm not talking one time but every time. I never listened to so many preachers who know actually so little. Why do the so called Irish know alls appear in this place? I hope the new chap in the other place has more sense. Won't be hard.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »
I grasped it, I understood it, but I also disagreed with it, purely due to my (apparently better) personal experience in the same bar.  I mentioned the 'Bobby sands' bit only as a side bar.  We didn't spend much time discussing that, and spent no time discussing him 'As Gaeilge'.  I just found it a suprising conversation (historical inaccuracies accepted)   to be having in a bar in exotic Northeastern Thailand, thats all.  And In fairness, you can't expect the Sasanach expat to know the full history, I found their misquotes, etc. funny.  But maybe i'm easily pleased.  I was (and for some reason, I regretably still am) trying to make the point that the plastic paddy decoration is just that, only decoration.  I went in there coz I wanted a pint, it was near and I met a few interesting guys in there so I went back later, Sinn e.  You disagree with the quality of clientele, .. well fair enough, everyone has their own valid opinion, I don't mean to advertise for the bar either, i also enjoyed myself in the International bar and the French bar when it was open.
You already mentioned that you too were Irish so that's why I thought the over 'your head bit' was funny.  Apparently It wasn't.  I apologise for my poor sense of humour (p.s. I'm being sacastic again).
Just out of interest: Ca raibh tu in a conai in Eireann ?, Baile Atha Cliath ?
Agus Cad e on rud 'FFS' ?  Nil fhios agam.
Apologies for the spelling I can't do fada's. (Again, I am being sarcastic).
I could keep this verbal sparring up all year, its giving me a distraction from work, thanks.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
Oh wait ... I get it now, FFS is 'For F@#K sake', .. Very Clever.
Just a though: Would my telling you it is sarcasm in brackets also be considered in itself to be sarcastic . . Hmmmm  confused1
Cheer up I'm only having a laugh, just think you are over there in the Sun and I am stuck here in the Snow waiting for the IMF to tell the Government how much more tax to take from me every month.

Offline Paddyram

• Censored!
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Sorry folks I should explain:
Ca raibh tu in a conai in Eireann ?, Baile Atha Cliath ? means 'Where did you live in Ireland ?, Dublin ?'
Agus Cad e on rud 'FFS' ?  Nil fhios agam. Means 'What does FFS mean ? I don't Know'.
Apologies for the spelling I can't do fada's. Fadas are the little slanty lines over some of the vowels in Irish.
As Gaeilge means 'In Irish'.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »

Hi Bums

Well the forum seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the last few days with a lot of sniping!

I think the following well worn quote sums things up well ....

Oh Mother dear, I'm over here
and I'm never coming back.
What keeps me here is the Beer,
the Women and the Craic!

Perhaps we should all chill a little and reflect on it.

Here endeth the lesson pray1

TBWG sawadi

EastFife4Forfar5

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 09:26:21 AM »
Wise words David.

I expect that they will fall on stoney ground.

The forum will press on and a balance will evolve.

boloa

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 10:37:16 AM »
Just sounds like a few guys having a bit of banter to me,no big deal. Its kept me coming back for a look to see what the latest is.When  forums are  just guys saying how great it was here and with silly small talk all the time they become just plain boring .
Joey and paddyram keep up the good work...No surrender :-)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie