{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Nang Rong Bars  (Read 15232 times)

Offline pieandmash

Nang Rong Bars
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »
Hi, can anybody tell me if there are any bars/pubs/restaurants in Nang Rong where I could watch World Cup games ? going to be spending a couple of days up there next month and dont want to miss out. If not are there any in Buriram ?

dave the dude

Re: Nang Rong Bars
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:55:12 AM »
Hi, can anybody tell me if there are any bars/pubs/restaurants in Nang Rong where I could watch World Cup games ? going to be spending a couple of days up there next month and dont want to miss out. If not are there any in Buriram ?

Sorry to hijack you thread pie'n'mash surrender1 but I too would be interested to know if there are ANY Farang hangouts there in Nang Rong alcoholic. I've met a few guys who live there and it seems like a fair sized place, but I dont know much about it??

Any one Know, Thanks??????

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:02:43 AM »
There is a large Thai run place called 'Pop Sok' that will be showing them all....its on the main road about 100 yds before the road into the bus station............Another place ,recently opened ,is run by a Brit called Fitz right by the side of the bus station.....................They will both be covering all the games

Offline pieandmash

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »
Thanks Nookie, I posted on Thaivisa and was told about the bar opposite the station, so it's good to have it seconded and have an alternative. I'll be up there for a wedding, originally we was leaving from Pattaya the morning of the wedding but now it's been changed to the day before when the England - Slovenia game is on, apparently my GF's friends need more time to make themselves beautiful so they can attract boyfriends/future husbands at the wedding  ::)

Another thing, I've been told that True are only showing the games on it's HD channel, so I hope that the bars are set up for HD.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:49:43 PM by pieandmash »

Offline swimming pizza

• Contributor with future
  • amazing thailand.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »
great new. there is life in nang rong!  2guys
will stop there in my next visit to chok chai immigration.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
Thanks Nookie, I posted on Thaivisa and was told about the bar opposite the station, so it's good to have it seconded and have an alternative. I'll be up there for a wedding, originally we was leaving from Pattaya the morning of the wedding but now it's been changed to the day before when the England - Slovenia game is on, apparently my GF's friends need more time to make themselves beautiful so they can attract boyfriends/future husbands at the wedding  ::)

Another thing, I've been told that True are only showing the games on it's HD channel, so I hope that the bars are set up for HD.
I doubt that either place will have True Visions HD channel...I'll be over there at the weekend & ask............All games are being shown on Thai TV,,,,,some of their channels will have English commentary;I have Supersport here in Sakut ...every game is in English

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
great new. there is life in nang rong!  2guys
will stop there in my next visit to chok chai immigration.
Why don't you stop off & see Nookie in Sakut  only 1 km off highway 24,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cheap food & drink & a visit you'll want to repeat,,,,,GUARANTEED

Offline swimming pizza

• Contributor with future
  • amazing thailand.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
didn't knew you run a bar. you never mention it here.
whats on the menu?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
didn't knew you run a bar. you never mention it here.
whats on the menu?
Many lads from Buriram are regular visitors here...............Its basically a very clean Thai restaurant,,,,There isnt a Farang Menu at present but almost anything Farang can be provided & you wont find better value anywhere.......Yet Again GUARANTEED

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »
hey nookie. tell us more, pictures, some more detailed directions may help people to actualy get to your place there.
as said, it can be really nice to have a place to stop in the report trip which already very far for those of us coming from buriram town area.  thumbup

Offline pieandmash

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
Are there any taxis/motorbike taxis in Nang Rong ? my initial guess would be no being as my GF tells me almost everybody goes to bed at 7pm in rural Isaan. I'm booked into Cabbages and Condoms, anyone know how far it is from the bus station/bars ? I might be able to borrow a  bike038 to get there.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:31:36 AM »
Are there any taxis/motorbike taxis in Nang Rong ? my initial guess would be no being as my GF tells me almost everybody goes to bed at 7pm in rural Isaan. I'm booked into Cabbages and Condoms, anyone know how far it is from the bus station/bars ? I might be able to borrow a  bike038 to get there.
Cabbage & Condoms is about 4kms outside Nang Rong,plenty of m/c taxis around too.....When will you be there????
The road into the Bus Station is the first turn on the right as you enter Nang Rong centre.....Look on the left after you've turned as sometimes there are some Farangs sat outside a Thai shop drinking in the early evening

Offline pieandmash

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 05:02:15 PM »
I'll be getting there on the morning of 23rd June, my GF and her friends want to do a bit of sightseeing during the day which I'll tag along with and then go off to watch the footy later on. Next day will attend a wedding then back to Pattaya in the evening so just a flying visit really, but if I like what I see I may well come back for a longer visit sometime. I've been to every part of Thailand except the deep south but I've only really driven through Isaan on the way to and from Laos with a brief overnight in Nong Khai and Khon Kaen, would like to spend a bit of time exploring the place  drivinggear

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »
Nookiebear  character4 Show us the place!  2guys

dave the dude

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
Nookiebear  character4 Show us the place!  2guys

If not, we will send in a mystery Shopper(Drinker) called TMWG who will do a blog about about it!

Be scared,Very scared  crazydance crazydance

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM