{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: PB Air seems to be stopping flights to Buriram (Oct/Nov 09)  (Read 10971 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
PB Air seems to be stopping flights to Buriram (Oct/Nov 09)
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:39:03 AM »
Opening a new topic because if they are not flying there is no schedule.  angry1

Got to BKK at 0930 on Friday 30 Oct, went to the counter and was told no flights to Buriram.  They had a piece of paper there that I thought only had one name (which looked like the passanger list, yes it was my name).  They said no flights to Buriram.    steamingMad

Now my GF had called and asked and they said flying no problem.  I had also sent them an email asking if there would be an issue, other than sending me my itinerary back there was no real response.   confused2

So Bums, I think we may be SOL on planes coming in BFV on PB Air.  They not only gave me a refund for 30 Oct, but also my scheduled flight for 4 Nov.

No pleased with the cancelling the flight, but my main gripe is that if they had emailed me in morning (or as soon as they knew they were not going to fly), I would have made faster and cheaper arrangments getting to Buriram a lot quicker.   brick1

character4  So if you are planning to fly PB Air to BFV, better have an alternate method.

dave the dude

Re: PB Air seems to be stopping flights to Buriram (Oct/Nov 09)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »
Opening a new topic because if they are not flying there is no schedule.  angry1

Got to BKK at 0930 on Friday 30 Oct, went to the counter and was told no flights to Buriram.  They had a piece of paper there that I thought only had one name (which looked like the passanger list, yes it was my name).  They said no flights to Buriram.    steamingMad

Now my GF had called and asked and they said flying no problem.  I had also sent them an email asking if there would be an issue, other than sending me my itinerary back there was no real response.   confused2

So Bums, I think we may be SOL on planes coming in BFV on PB Air.  They not only gave me a refund for 30 Oct, but also my scheduled flight for 4 Nov.

No pleased with the cancelling the flight, but my main gripe is that if they had emailed me in morning (or as soon as they knew they were not going to fly), I would have made faster and cheaper arrangments getting to Buriram a lot quicker.   brick1

character4  So if you are planning to fly PB Air to BFV, better have an alternate method.

Now that does not sound good. Has there been any FACTS in the press yet?
So much for the proposed expansion back to SURIN

Dave

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »
Well guys,

As per a previous post of mine, my suspicions in there being something more ominous happening at PB Air have been confirmed today.

Since the original posting on the subject appeared on this forum, well I have continually checked the on-line reservation system of PBAir and it has not permitted me to make a reservation to any of their destinations.

I therefore wrote to them earlier today and enclose their response which I have just received:-

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:41 PM
To: Ray Dubai
Subject: ตอบกลับ: Online reservation

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email and your support of PB Air. We regret that at the moment we have to suspend our flight operations due to the shortage of aircraft caused be the delay in the delivery of the Saabs 340's we had ordered.

Obviously this stoppage also creates a heavy financial burden on the company which we try to cope with. However we are working very hard on a rescue package and will certainly inform our valued customers if flights can resume again and if so as of when.

We do hope that we can provide you with better news soon.

Best regards,
Reservation department

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is truly only just a temporary loss of service - RayBan  bigcry
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:52:40 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Zoogin

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
I guess my flight Buriram - BKK, Nov 30th will be suspended.
Should i cancel myself and hope for a refund?

Never travelled to Buriram before.
Are there any good buses leaving Buriram in the morning?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
I guess my flight Buriram - BKK, Nov 30th will be suspended.
Should i cancel myself and hope for a refund?

Never travelled to Buriram before.
Are there any good buses leaving Buriram in the morning?

They gave me a refund no problem.  You might wait and see if they resume, but a backup plan is good.  I would not recommend the train as slow and uncomfortable. 

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
  I would not recommend the train as slow and uncomfortable. 

On the contrary I found the train excellent. Food provided at normal street prices -the central corridor was swept and washed twice en-route. Take the 2nd class express (or rapid ) leaves Buriram at about 8.20. BUT you need to pre-book.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »
  I would not recommend the train as slow and uncomfortable. 

On the contrary I found the train excellent. Food provided at normal street prices -the central corridor was swept and washed twice en-route. Take the 2nd class express (or rapid ) leaves Buriram at about 8.20. BUT you need to pre-book.

I think the term Rapid or Express is rather misleading! :o

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »
I still think the night train is the best way to go....especially if you have the right company  love2

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
UPDATE FROM THE PBAIR WEBSITE !!

Valued Costomers

PB Air regrets to have to inform that all flights are suspended until further notice.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes to you.

*See file attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Khun Tony

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 08:56:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the name and address of the main train station in Bangkok from which to catch the train to Buriram?   Also as a back up, what would it cost to hire a taxi from the international airport to Buriram?

thanks for your help

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
Hualampong Station
Rama IV Road Bangkok 1, Bangkok, 10300, Thailand
02-2204334‎

Link to the main train station in Bangkok:

"Buriram Expats" provide airport transfer service Bkk airport - Buriram.
5000 Baht all included (Car+Driver+Fuel gas+Tollway fees).
Email: info@buriramexpats.com
Tel: 081-0704750

sawadi

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:31:01 PM »
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the name and address of the main train station in Bangkok from which to catch the train to Buriram?   Also as a back up, what would it cost to hire a taxi from the international airport to Buriram?

thanks for your help
The main termial BKK is called (hua lampong) translated means HEAD SPEAKER
but my advise if you are in Buriram is take the express bus to Pattaya and there is an express bus to Suwanaphumi Airport inexpensive this will save you time of going through BKK  some members on here will shure advise more ( less hassel and you can take hotel in pataya if you need too and have fun time while you wait or find new wife  mia noi !!!!)  cost of transport talk to ADMIN.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:34:30 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Khun Tony

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi guys.

Thanks for the feedback.   In respect to the transport is that a van with tv etc with no other passengers?   And secondly is the price negotiable.   The reason I ask about the price is that I was talking to a friend about taking a taxi from the airport and they said it would cost in the region of 2500 to 3000 baht.  But I don't mind paying a premium under the right circumstances.   At this stage there will be only two of us, my step son and myself.   The wife can not make it this time round.   Furthermore, given the van ? is coming from Buriram, perhaps my wife's sister and son may like the ride to Bangkok and back.  But I'll work that out after I get all the info.   My travel date would be arriving with luck Tiger Air on Tuesday 15 December around about 9.30 am.

Regards

Tony

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »
Having been the guy that got screwed trying to get to Buriram  :-X, I checked the taxi services at BKK and it was a pretty uniform 6300 baht. 

I had a local van take me back to Bangkok and was charged 5500 baht.  So the 5000 baht from 3E seems reasonable.  Bus and train are cheaper, but less flexible. 

And while Hua Lampong is the main terminal, you can also pick up the train at Bang Sue and Don Muang.  If you are close the subway, you can take that to either Bang Sue or Hua Lampong (and walk about .5 kilometer or so between subway and train. 

Go here for the train schedule:  http://www.traveller2000.com/train/TimeTable/Thailand_Northeastern_Line_Timetable.pdf

party4

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »
5000 Baht all included is a very fair price.
You can always shopping on the net to check rates, you'll find our service very reliable and fairly priced as well.
We are locals that means that (as you have said) if your wife's sister and son may like to join the ride from Buriram to Bangkok and back it is possible as well.

5000 Baht we're talking about Private car or 4 doors Pickup. (Up to 4 passengers + Driver).

Fully equipped VAN is available and the cost is 5500 Baht.

"Buriram Expats" commit to 100% service satisfaction.
No hassle, We'll be there on time !  wave1

sawadi
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:35:41 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM