{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: REGULAR GET-TOGETHERS  (Read 64690 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Next BUMS meeting!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »
Hi

At long last news of the next eagerly awaited BUMS meeting.... confused4

Noon Friday 6th February at Norbi's (Norbys?) in Surin party3 party3 party3

So lets have a good turnout to impress our Surin cousins and boldly go where you have probably been so many times before!   beam me up snotty happy2

Binnsy mentioned hiring a charabanc and turning into a sort of beano! ( for non brit's that's a coach to the coast stopping at many hostelries and sampling the liquids and fighting with the locals)

Await your comments

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

Re: REGULAR GET-TOGETHERS
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
Hi DtD I am in Laos 8th to 15th jan :ph34r:

TBWG Dave#2 sawadi

GOOD  jumping1

S'pose that means it will happen whilst I'm away! Shame I won't be able to get the laundrydone at Rose's soapy! confused4

TBWG aka Dave2 sawadi

Talk on the mean streets of Buriram is that the next meeting is at noon 6th Feb at Norbies German Bar, Soi Kola, Surin

WHO CAN MAKE IT ?

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: Next BUMS meeting!
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

Hi DtD ........ Will the ozzie Dad of Dave the Buffalo be suppyling musical entertainment? party2 party7

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
Notification on the meeting posted on the main "buriram expats" home-page.

see here: http://www.buriramexpats.com/

*If have any changes / corrections please send me PM (personal messege)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:35:30 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009, 05:06:42 PM »

Hummm!

Well it looks like its just you and me Dave #1 & Dave # 2  confused3...  aka Dave the Dude & TBWG! although I may bring a Canadian friend (Bill) aka Dollar Bill!

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »
Next time you'll need to post this invitation earlier, same last time the invitation was 3 weeks before the meeting. party3

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »

Hummm!

Well it looks like its just you and me Dave #1 & Dave # 2  confused3...  aka Dave the Dude & TBWG! although I may bring a Canadian friend (Bill) aka Dollar Bill!

TBWG sawadi

And Dave#3 as well biggrinbar.....

Plus 2 (at least) other BUMS....Pommy Ron and Rocky. Both where at the previous "gathering" and looking forward to the trip out of town ;)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »

Hummm!

TBWG sawadi

And Dave#3 as well biggrinbar.....

Plus 2 (at least) other BUMS....Pommy Ron and Rocky. Both where at the previous "gathering" and looking forward to the trip out of town ;)

Well its building nicely, perhaps those rumours of a visit from the girlies at Rosie's soapy will encourage a few waverers. love1

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »
Well its building nicely, perhaps those rumours of a visit from the girlies at Rosie's soapy will encourage a few waverers. love1

TBWG sawadi

Hi
I would expect Aussie Tony and Peter(Dave the Buffalo's dad) will accompany me (not musically).

Actually Dave#2, you have hit on a good idea there cos I know any chance of Peter to perform and he is usually up for it. I will investigate and have a chat with Norbie too.

Dave #1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009, 10:20:21 PM »

TBWG sawadi

Hi
I would expect Aussie Tony and Peter(Dave the Buffalo's dad) will accompany me (not musically).

Actually Dave#2, you have hit on a good idea there cos I know any chance of Peter to perform and he is usually up for it. I will investigate and have a chat with Norbie too.

Dave #1

Hey! I've just had a brainfart! Why doesn't Peter go professional ... he can go under the stage name Dave the Buffalo's dad, you can be his manager and I can be groupie quality control tester.   Norbies can be his World Premiere! character2

God I surprise myself sometimes :o

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2009, 09:11:14 AM »
Hi Daves and Honerary Daves
Still trying to track down Norbie. He's in BKK with phone off, sounds like he may have a story to tell  party13

Just a ramdom thought. It might be a good idea if we had a think about the venue for the NEXT meet-up?? 
I have a few idea's and we can discuss when we meet  cool2 cool2

Also someone mentioned previously, if our wives/other halves should come along.
Might be good for a 'one-off' at the right type/size venue???

Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2009, 08:33:43 PM »
Night time meeting is a great idea! party1
For my humble opinion I think there's no reason to make BUMS get-together in other province,even though it's not far,not everybody thrilled to make this trip and some will just not put any effort in it just for no reason, people want to meet close to their houses,probably most will be drunk after the meeting,so.. next time .. buriramsmiley will be the best and natural choice.

If it's only few friends meeting that's another story.. ;)

dave the dude

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »
For my humble opinion I think there's no reason to make BUMS get-together in other province,even though it's not far,not everybody thrilled to make this trip and some will just not put any effort in it just for no reason, people want to meet close to their houses,probably most will be drunk after the meeting,so.. next time .. buriramsmiley will be the best and natural choice.

Thats a fair comment but remember many expats are spread out across a large area, so moving venues around sometimes has its advantages and disadvantages to some.  party4
I would stay over in a cheapy hotel if needs be, no problem  party3

Dave (from Surin BTW)

Offline Bicko

• Contributor with future
  • Muang Tam temple
    • Enjoying our success
Re: Next BUMS meeting!
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:45 PM »
Hi

At long last news of the next eagerly awaited BUMS meeting.... confused4

Noon Friday 6th February at Norbi's (Norbys?) in Surin party3 party3 party3

So lets have a good turnout to impress our Surin cousins and boldly go where you have probably been so many times before!   beam me up snotty happy2

Binnsy mentioned hiring a charabanc and turning into a sort of beano! ( for non brit's that's a coach to the coast stopping at many hostelries and sampling the liquids and fighting with the locals)

Await your comments

TBWG sawadi
Norby's is a great spot. Wife and i and friends visiting from Oz had lunch there recently. Excellent food, good beer and he sells some good wines at the right price. He also has a range of imported grocery lines.
Bit far from Lam Plai Mat to go drinking but might see if i can convince the missus to have a "romantic" weekend at the Thong Tarin love2 party11

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:41 AM »

Couldn't agree more with you re both a night time meeting and staying within Buriram province.

Buriram province is big, stretching more than 100kms north-south.  Before setting off to other provinces (after just 1 meeting) surely it would be preferable to meet up in other amphurs (eg Satuk, Ban Kruat, Prakhonchai and Nang Rong)

And lets also remember these are Expats meetings - NO wives or girlfriends please

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie