{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: STOP SMOKING !  (Read 23687 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: STOP SMOKING !
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
RayBan,  party10
First of all I congratulate you for 24 years of smokless life.. ;)

But I have to ask you,even after 24 years you stopped smoking you still get the urge for a ciggy??
Be strong ! fighting1  happy1

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »
Hi Admin,

Yeah, I am afraid so, the urge for a "small ciggy" still comes back now and again !!!!!!!!!!!  :wacko:

But if you stay off smoking for a month or two, the body will stop screaming for nicotine and you will feel more comfortable. However it only takes that one "small ciggy" to start it all over again.............so you have to stay strong for the rest of your life and never even dream about just having one little ciggy" ever again............... cool1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »
 happy2 Thanks RayBan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »
It helps RayBan,thanks for your support.you know how hard it is and how much effort need to make it success ..  :yeswink:

So,this time I give you maybe the last update for my personal "project"..just to let you know the feelings and how it works for me.

So,shortly,I have no need for cigarette any longer,even not for a nicotine gum as my body don't need it.
The "crave" for cigarette is coming only at times I'm in stress but even then,I already knows my body better then before so I know that my body actually not REALLY wants cigarette,I know my body will get more nervous if I take it and not the opposite as active-smokers tend to believe..
I don't want to sound too negative so I'll stop here..hehe / I understand the smokers feelings. happy1

Back to my feeling: feeling of victory,success,cleaner,smells better,and the most important for me anyway is the nervous feeling I had while I smoked,feeling of pressure,stress..I can't explain it exactly here.. its feeling of addicts.
I'm not stress-free now but much more relaxed now.

Thats it guys, I did it and hope (AND WILL!!) keep on this achievement I have made.

Thank you all for your support.  sawadi

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:45:12 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 02:17:19 AM »
Hi Admin

Congratulations party3

I think it was Mark Twain who said "giving up smoking is easy, I've done it many times"

Don't fall into that trap!

TBWG sawadi

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 04:54:04 PM »
Keep it up Admin, you have now past through the worst period of the nicotine fix, it is just personal will-power from now on.

This will power is usually mostly tested when you are having a few beers with friends and these friends smoke. If you get to the point where you are close to having one little ciggy, just smoke it WITHOUT LIGHTING THE CIGGY...............it worked for me.   cool1

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
Thats a nice idea but I think it will be hard to resist lighting the ciggy..  confused1
There's an electronic cigarette also..did you know that?
check it here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=electronic+cigarette&search_type=&aq=0&oq=electronic+cigg

the problem is that I still associate cigarette with FUN.. hehe :) can you argue with this claim??  confused2

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
So hows it going now Admin ? Still off the ciggies?

I hope so  :)

Mind you, with the current "financial meltdown" (piss poor exchange rates) its enough to turn a man to both drink and ciggies :o

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
thats true, and as I learned,life always have stress and  problems that can bring you EASY!!! back to smoking. I found a way out oof this trap.. simple.gums!!! your mouth is easy,its very effective to release the stress (for the very same moment of course.exactly same cigarettes confused5).

The thing is like this: as I learn on my own body.
cigarettes do not solve the problem-they just "pause" the moment and you get 1 minutes to think. well,chewing-gums also have the same effect. its takes time to take the gums and start to chew it,get the taste,on and on.. if you really think about it,its the same thing just without the nicotine.
for me-chewing gums are the answer.

What about you somnat/guys?

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »
You have done well Admin ;)

Positive outlook as well as a good back up plan (the gum) seems to have done the job for you.

As for me..................still cool2

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »
The most important thing is the backup(!) also a wide information on health damages smoking can do to the body is also important in order to make your decision stronger and more determent.

good luck in the future ..
 confused4

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:04 PM »
UPDATE.

10 months NO SMOKING.

YES WE CAN !!  :biggrin:

I hardly think about cigarette and it's not an interesting issue for me at all.

Now I have another project and is to take off all the weight I gained on my body since quiting smoking.
(Around 5 KG).

That's another problem which may start another thread "NO EATING"  :D

Basicly it's all goes down to your life style and the food you consume.
As a start I will cut the beer consumption as beer is fat and the snacks between meals.
KFC is off the list of course.
Exercise is essential if I want to make it quick but I'm still lazy doing this exercise thing..  happy1
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:24:05 PM by ADMIN »

Offline laxman

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »
In this world it's rear to find out who doesn't smoke. Smoking in different style has become a style,fashion of today's youngsters. Most of them know well that smoking is harmful to their health but they give dam to the health and enjoying smoking with their circle. In my country most of the youngsters use to smoke 'Surya' cigarette. Surya is famous cigarette in our county. I heard about green smoke cigarette which do not get harm on your body.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 11:13:30 PM »
In this world it's rear to find out who doesn't smoke. Smoking in different style has become a style,fashion of today's youngsters. Most of them know well that smoking is harmful to their health but they give dam to the health and enjoying smoking with their circle. In my country most of the youngsters use to smoke 'Surya' cigarette. Surya is famous cigarette in our county. I heard about green smoke cigarette which do not get harm on your body.

I've heard about the "green" cigarettes also.
see link here: http://www.sfntc.com/Home/SFNTC--Age-Verification.aspx

Although they may be MORE healthy than the conventional nicotine cigarettes, I believe they are/may harm your body because of the inhaling action when smoking it, inhaling any smoke to the body is not healthy.

I used to smoke 1 full pack of cigarettes, I was very addictive to the cigarettes (I didn't thought like this at time..).
If I can do it, You can do also (Its a simple truth, not a slogan only).

Guys, I don't want to sound like a preacher, but take your body seriously when it comes to cigarettes, you may pay later in a very slow painful end.

I can tell you surely, life are not boring or less fun without cigarettes, the opposite, you'll bless yourself that you reach to an important decision like this saved you from slavery to these......
Good chocolates are nicer.  love2
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:24:55 PM by ADMIN »

den Buut

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
You know that too much chocolates will also kill you? Everything you do too much will kill you, even sports, but if you can control yourself even smoking ( 2 or 3 a day) won't harm you.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Gerry
August 29, 2024, 02:33:22 PM

information on how to get a child a Thai ID card by Murtle_71
August 29, 2024, 07:11:47 AM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie
July 26, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Re: Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by Gerry
July 26, 2024, 02:55:12 PM

Auction in Buriram and surrounding area. by badboldie